How to make a $3000+ rig sound like poop

RoboPimp

• Members
wow, attacking a fellow forumite for absolutely no reason, class act guys
:thu:

who attacked what?

if someone feels that comments about their guitar rig is a personal attack then perhaps they put a bit too much value in it.

So I think the rig sounds like poop, that doesn't mean I think the guy playing it is poop. He is probably a fine individual who just happens to own very expensive gear that sounds very bad to me.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

who attacked what?

if someone feels that comments about their guitar rig is a personal attack then perhaps they put a bit too much value in it.

So I think the rig sounds like poop, that doesn't mean I think the guy playing it is poop. He is probably a fine individual who just happens to own very expensive gear that sounds very bad to me.

why do you have to start a thread about it (actually looking at your history since I've been here its not out of the norm)... if you dont like it, let it be..... you could always post in the thread where it came up and say you dont like it...

what you did is a low class move, and dont try to justify it otherwise because its pretty plain and simple......

plenty of people post clips that are less than stellar, I let them be, and I most certainly will not start a separate thread to draw attention to it....

• Members
why do you have to start a thread about it (actually looking at your history since I've been here its not out of the norm)... if you dont like it, let it be..... you could always post in the thread where it came up and say you dont like it...

what you did is a low class move, and dont try to justify it otherwise because its pretty plain and simple......

plenty of people post clips that are less than stellar, I let them be, and I most certainly will not start a separate thread to draw attention to it....

you have your opinion, that's fine, and you can make judgments about others based on your opinions as well but it's still only your opinion. Is that any "high class" than me making my own judgments about a guitar rig? I don't think so as mine is directed towards an inanimate object with no feelings where you are directing your admonishment towards a person and have no real constructive advice only a "I'm better than you" demeanor.

What you see as low class I see as a valuable demonstration. :idk:

• Members
i know why you guys didn't dig it... it lacked that jet plane flying through an echo chamber under water vibe yeah?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Or maybe there was so much talk about the guitar's awesome aesthetics and features that there was irony in the fact that good tone was one feature it lacked. (It probably sounds great in person with the right settings on the amp though).

• Members

mine is directed towards an inanimate object with no feelings

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong but the sentence "How to make a $3000+ rig sound like poop" is most definitely directed towards the player and not the rig.

• Members

maybe he is referencing the guitar itself
:idk:

Maybe. But given the op's well-established history of cutting up just about everything and everyone at sometime I seriously doubt it. I would assume rig = amp + guitar.

But, hey, it's an assumption and I could be wrong.

But if anyone around here doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, it's the op.

• Members

Maybe. But given the op's well-established history of cutting up just about everything and everyone at sometime I seriously doubt it. I would assume rig = amp + guitar.

But, hey, it's an assumption and I could be wrong.

But if anyone around here doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, it's the op.

not that RoboPimp needs support, but I for one have no issue with him...

• Members

not that RoboPimp needs support, but I for one have no issue with him...

He attacked my playing in not one, but two threads.

I've only been playing for a year and while I don't give two farthings what some anonymous guy at HC thinks, I've seen him do it to posters time and time again.

He's not a funny troll. He's predictable, boring and, worst of all, mean spirited.

• Members

... He's not a funny troll. He's predictable, boring and, worst of all, mean spirited.

Chill out, he's not a funny troll because he's not a troll, he's a forumite with an abrasive way of voicing his opinions. That doesn't make what robo thinks any less valid than the guys who dress up what they're saying.

I find him honest, refreshing and best of all entertaining.

• Members
He attacked my playing ... and while I don't give two farthings what some anonymous guy at HC thinks ... mean spirited.

so just ignore him :confused:

if you don't care, then don't care

seriously, it is the internet... sometimes an anonymous shock value typed phrase is what is needed to get a message through. If you are still offended when you log off, that is weird...

• Members
I find him honest, refreshing and best of all entertaining.

Ever been on the other end of his "honesty"?

Which is basically him voicing his opinion like he's the god of tone....

Listen, I like humour and honesty as much as anyone else. I guess I just find him to be really mean spirited. :idk:

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though. :wave:

• Members

if i had a nickel for every time robo busted on someone... i'd have 11,386 nickels.

i used to think he was a prick, a jerk, mean-spirited etc etc... then i realized i took the internet WAY too seriously.

to all the guys coming over from the 'electric guitar' forum, please don't be offended. we bust on everyone. constantly.

• Members

Damn!!! It's been bugging me since I couldn't put my finger on it --- he reminds me of Shinshin in War and Peace, the cynical old courtier who's always waiting to bust someone's chops with a bon mot.

His character wore on me after a while too. :D

Archived