So I talked to Peter Stroud on the phone today...

ProGuitarShop

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you are gonna fry those 65's , play something else for just oen video, please!

A Fender amp, a Tremoverb, just for one video....

PLEASE!

I can see why some folks might want to hear pedals through different amps, but it's really impossible from a logistics standpoint to test with a ton of different amps - you'd have to replicate the demo video several times, and that would cut way down on the number of products you could review. Because of that, I appreciate the consistency of the basic test rig from video to video - I feel it makes comparisons easier. :)

YMMV of course. :)

• Members

Go start a pissing match somewhere else friend. dont pull that {censored} here.

But why question the guy? He's out making a living doing something he loves. Why does it matter that the person he's playing with doesn't have cred with musicians?

• Members

But why question the guy? He's out making a living doing something he loves. Why does it matter that the person he's playing with doesn't have cred with musicians?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I had no clue before PGS's post as to the connection between peter stroud and sheryl crow. i responded to robo's post out of confusion as to why he would randomly(so i thought at the time)throw a sheryl crow lyric up in here(hard to tell with robo). so...i asked 'why!?'...simple as that. you should keep your assumptions to yourself, it makes your breath smell like foot.

• Members

Actually, now that he explained it, I think he just didn't understand bringing Sheryl into the thread not knowing that he has been her main guitarist.

• Members
:facepalm:
I had no clue before PGS's post as to the connection between peter stroud and sheryl crow. i responded to robo's post out of confusion as to why he would randomly(so i thought at the time)throw a sheryl crow lyric up in here(hard to tell with robo). so...i asked 'why!?'...simple as that. you should keep your assumptions to yourself, it makes your breath smell like foot.

Yep, it makes perfect sense now. Although I am surprised that someone didn't know of the connection. :wave:

• Members

Been offline for a while-busy day. Cool vid.

I am picking Peter up at his hotel in the morning. He is going to hang out at the shop for half the day. We should get demos made for three amps (65amps of course).

:idea:I will see if he will sign a few EH pedals and we will do a give away for the pedals in Sept. or Oct. Tomorrow's going to be a fun day. :cool:

• Members

Honestly, I don't mind getting a review from the same amp every time. It would be impossible to deliver an objective review if you are constantly changing the baseline.

However, I +1 the idea that maybe you could review the pedals using two different amps so that we have more than one comparison...

Either way, Pete can still play his 65 amps... they sound cool :cool:

• Members

We will begin to do amp demos next week... Bad Cat, 65amps, Vox, Marshall, Bugera. Fender and Dr Z are both very strong possibilities. Right now we have a good effects pedal video base. The next phase is amps, guitars and lessons. I am going on vacation the first half of Sept. When I get back we will double production with an additional editor and contracted instructors and studio guys to do demos of guitars and lessons. Andy will turn his focus to amps for a couple of months, and then split his time between pedals and amps.

We will eventually (possibly within a year) begin to demo pedals with other amps. We have tons of ideas and the possibilities are limitless. But for right now we are trying to build a massive reference library. Where the environment is completely controlled and we can compare pedals on an equal playing field. If we begin switching amps around right now the process will be slowed drastically, none of it will make any sense. The bottom line is, if we keep pumping the videos out systematically and categorically we will be able to build a more comprehensive library. Be patient, we have meetings every day planning this thing. We are putting a ton of thought into what the 3-5 year plan is. The final outcome will be a massive resource. Oops....long winded. Can you tell that I get excited about building this.

Archived