Tame Impala

• Members
www.myspace.com/tameimpala

My favourite new band, Psychdelic 60's Rock from Australia. I assume most you are instantly gonna go, "Another Wolfmother...great...", or will shriek with joy. Either way, these guys are fantastic and their EP is extremely addictive, groovy and trippy.

Their songs are produced by themselves, so they have this sorta rough sheen to it, probably because of alot of bleed through.

I thought I'd post it here because simply, the guitarist (s live) has a fantastic fuzz sound and delay sound, so I was wondering what pedals or settings he uses or how I could achive a simmilar sound?

I have a DL-4 for Delay and a Sovtek Big Muff for fuzz.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ice Monster View Post
I assume most you are instantly gonna go, "Another Wolfmother...great..."
This.

...but the main dude (sorry don't know names) wrote all parts and recorded them himself IIRC. Got a band later. Boring as bat shit live.

• Members

Yeah, I saw them live and it was pretty crappy.
I dig the vibe of the EP, but it came out now and not 40 years ago, so it's hard to listen to it and not think about how self conscious it is, y'know?
An interesting point regarding the 'another wolfmother' thing is that they got signed by the same hipster label ..Who funnily enough, were looking for another wolfmother.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

This is by far the best guitar synth tone I ever heard:

I highly doubt that this pitch modification could come from a POG, like youtube users suggest... any hints?
This is the only Dominic Simper pedalboard decent pic that I found online...
<!--url{1}-->' alt='A>'>

• Members

I absolutely love them.
I know they have a cult following here in Australia. I've never seen them live but from what I hear they could definitely improve on it. I guess that comes with experience but their song writing is great IMO.

All their guitar tones come from putting phaser last in the chain.
In the song "Alter Ego" if it's not a pog going on, I'm not entirely sure, but if that is a Verbzilla above he could perhaps be running the Octo (with no delay time) into the compressor, dirt, delay, then phaser?

A shot in the dark, I thought it was a POG as well.

• Members

POG sounds definitely more "chewy" (especially the POG 2) to my ears.

I owned POG, POG2 and MicroSynth but none of them come close to that sound.

The Verbzilla "Octo" sound seems definitely a good hint, but I guess there is more...

Using Guitar with Microkorg seems possible:

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by andtrea View Post
This is by far the best guitar synth tone I ever heard:

I highly doubt that this pitch modification could come from a POG, like youtube users suggest... any hints?
This is the only Dominic Simper pedalboard decent pic that I found online...
DIV> Actually... sorry, yes that does so

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by andtrea View Post
POG sounds definitely more "chewy" (especially the POG 2) to my ears.

I owned POG, POG2 and MicroSynth but none of them come close to that sound.

The Verbzilla "Octo" sound seems definitely a good hint, but I guess there is more...

Using Guitar with Microkorg seems possible:
With the Boss Hramonist you can easily get that sound! smile.gif

• Members

Never heard of 'em before--really like what i've listened to in the last 10 minutes or so. Reminds me alot of Beachwood Sparks' indie Buffalo Springfield/ Byrds/ Barrett era Floyd stuff. The chord changes I like---it's fitting that they list The Nazz as an influence, because alot of the stuff sounds alot like Rundgren's compositions on their second and third albums when Todd started writing mellower stuff. Also kind of reminds me a bit of Caribou's "Andorra" album a bit.