Tame Impala

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by less_cunning View Post
IDK why ppl are getting this wrong influence-wise someone on another board said Tame Impala reminded him of the Beattles.

anyway. there is a LOT of great music coming out of Australia right now. i think Tame Impala is just the tip of the iceberg...
what else is there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

annyway.. back to pedals if you look on this video

you can see when they do the close up of doms pedal board at 1:58 that it isnt a verbzilla but a red panda bit crusher,
with this i kinda think he is using that line slector to go through his microkorg, what do you think?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by PedalGod View Post
so does anyone have any idea what dom uses to get that synth sound? , because he doesnt have a pog or a verbzilla on his pedalboard
Bill Ruppert "effectologist" theory:
http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/3459/P15/
13th july's posts.

I see a Verbzilla in the pic.
I can't see the pedalboard on the Viva radio's video.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by andtrea View Post
Bill Ruppert "effectologist" theory:
http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/3459/P15/
13th july's posts.

I see a Verbzilla in the pic.
I can't see the pedalboard on the Viva radio's video.
if you look at 1:58 on the jeremy's storm viva radio you can see by that the pedal isnt purple on top (like the verbzilla) and also has red writing on it (like the red panda bitcrusher)

• Members
if you look at 1:58 on the jeremy's storm viva radio you can see by that the pedal isnt purple on top (like the verbzilla) and also has red writing on it (like the red panda bitcrusher)
Pedalgod : thumb.gif
Actually after Bill's suggest I was thinking that the key to get that sound was a WILD OCTAVE FUZZ (like Fuzz Factory) BEFORE Verbzilla Octo, delay etc...

But maybe... my first theory was the right one smile.gif
And I was already under serious synth GAS ... mmm ...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by less_cunning

View Post

IDK why ppl are getting this wrong influence-wise someone on another board said Tame Impala reminded him of the Beattles.

That's exactly what I first thought when I heard them yesterday for the first time. The cover for Innerspeaker was super cool and urged me to check the music out. It was pretty cool, but I need to go have another listen.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pain-MD

View Post

That's exactly what I first thought when I heard them yesterday for the first time. The cover for Innerspeaker was super cool and urged me to check the music out. It was pretty cool, but I need to go have another listen.

hmmmm. perhaps i was wrong then. maybe its becuz i'm not that big a fan of the Beatles. i like Tame Impala though. hope they get bigger cuz its really good music. i think if you make really good music you should be rewarded for it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by less_cunning View Post

anyway. there is a LOT of great music coming out of Australia right now. i think Tame Impala is just the tip of the iceberg...
I agree but I don't know if I'm just being patriotic or not..

• Members

I don't know if its the popularity or the record label.

Birds of tokyo is a perfect example. Their new album came out today (which i love!) but it is quite a bit more poppy than their last two.

I agree about Tame Impala, I don't know if its because they are on modular or they have more money to do shit with.

Either way, I like seeing how bands "grow". Something different is always good.

• Members
domspedals.png
By pedalgod at 2010-07-23

this is a screenshot from the jeremy's storm video which where you can tell it isnt a verbzilla and under doms foot is his boss digital delay
i think im 100% sure he is using his microkorg for that sound because i dont think anything else on his pedalboard could make those sounds.

• Members

actually listening to this record in toto & i have to admit 'Runway, Houses, City, Clouds" does sound Beatles-esque but then hell 'The Bold Arrow of Time' sounds like prog-rock era Pink Floyd so i think its all relative. i don't think 'Innerspeaker' is burden by its influences. to the contrary. the record transcends these influences and sounds very freshandvibrant and not dated at all--

& i love the drums on this. i hate when drums are buried in the mix.

• Members
i know the band own a digitech whammy and a mxr carbon copy delay do you reckon he'd be using them?, also anyone got any idea what that yellow pedal is inbetween the boss chromatic tuner and the red twin vocal pedal

Zvex Seek Trem
4744460553e336117194o.jpg