Tame Impala

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thezeng

View Post

Hey guys, was fooling around trying to get the exploding speaker sound and still wasn't happy. I think I have the tone right, but I still don't get that scratchy scramble sound on pick attack.

I had a cranked fuzz face into a cranked AC30

http://soundcloud.com/lucas-zeng/tam...peaker-mixdown

Sorry for the sloppy playing, twas a bit drunk.

Sounds pretty close to me man. Good stuff.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pain-MD

View Post

It's too bad the supporters had to drop out, I was looking forward to checking them out too.

Thats the first time i heard that. thats really disappointing. i was excited after i heard the DSOTM album they did with flaming lips

• Members

View Post

Hey guys, was fooling around trying to get the exploding speaker sound and still wasn't happy. I think I have the tone right, but I still don't get that scratchy scramble sound on pick attack.

I had a cranked fuzz face into a cranked AC30

http://soundcloud.com/lucas-zeng/tam...peaker-mixdown

Sorry for the sloppy playing, twas a bit drunk.

Sounds pretty close - what fuzz face are you using?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The P-Man

View Post

Sounds pretty close - what fuzz face are you using?

RW Fuzz God II

However, I really want one of those Red Dunlop ones but can never seem to track one down locally for a decent price. I'm thinking of getting the blue Fuzz Face now.

• Members

Just got back from the show about an hour ago and it was awesome. The original openers dropped out of the tour, so a last minute local band filled in and did a set of the blandest, most dull sounding music. Tame Impala came out and ripped them a new one. They sounded huge after the levels got worked out and the crowd had a blast. Lots of debauchery going on, a few faux-mosh pits, a ton of crowd surfing and general chaos, but everyone was having a blast. Kevin and the band were really happy to be here and the crowd loved 'em. Great show. thumb.gif

On a side note, my buddy was convinced that their bassist was a chick. He (she? nah...) looked high as a kite for the entire set, but never messed up or anything. It was great. icon_lol.gif

• Members

The bassist is a girl.

Saw them last night. Holy {censored}. Very drunk but did not stop the rock. The guitar player used a projection of an oscilloscope behind them. Incredibly tight show, and they played a great Massive Attack cover too. Forgot what it was called, though.

IF YOU CAN, GO.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pbone

View Post

The bassist is a girl.

Saw them last night. Holy {censored}. Very drunk but did not stop the rock. The guitar player used a projection of an oscilloscope behind them. Incredibly tight show, and they played a great Massive Attack cover too. Forgot what it was called, though.

IF YOU CAN, GO.

No way that the bassist is a girl. He was wearing a wifebeater/shirt thing and had his nipples hanging out the entire show. I don't know how it is in Australia, but nobody usually does that here. icon_lol.gif

The Massive Attack cover was Angel and it was indeed awesome. I think that my fave song in the whole set was Remember Me, I only figured out what it was after the show because I haven't heard it prior.

• Members

Haha no "Nick Allbrook" is not a girl.

View Post

I think that my fave song in the whole set was Remember Me

Yeah, that's one of their best live moments i reckon, the breakdown sort of bit at the end of Remember Me with just his looped vocals and the synth.

I've been wondering what happens at the end of their gigs overseas? 'Cos here in Perth they just hang out around the place prior to the show and afterwards, and nobody really pays that much attention to them.

• Members

View Post

No way that the bassist is a girl. He was wearing a wifebeater/shirt thing and had his nipples hanging out the entire show. I don't know how it is in Australia, but nobody usually does that here. icon_lol.gif

The Massive Attack cover was Angel and it was indeed awesome. I think that my fave song in the whole set was Remember Me, I only figured out what it was after the show because I haven't heard it prior.

Oops, sorry, I meant guy. My girlfriend was incredibly insistent on him being a girl, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jp46putty

View Post

Haha no "Nick Allbrook" is not a girl. Yeah, that's one of their best live moments i reckon, the breakdown sort of bit at the end of Remember Me with just his looped vocals and the synth.

I've been wondering what happens at the end of their gigs overseas? 'Cos here in Perth they just hang out around the place prior to the show and afterwards, and nobody really pays that much attention to them.

frown.gif

They just went into their tour bus afterwards. I gave the guitar player (not singer) a hug and asked him what the whole synth sound was made out of, and he said that it was "Pentagon {censored}."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pbone

View Post

frown.gif

They just went into their tour bus afterwards. I gave the guitar player (not singer) a hug and asked him what the whole synth sound was made out of, and he said that it was "Pentagon {censored}."

Hahaha that's pretty funny considering it's Dom, who never actually talks that much. I don't reckon he was meaning to be an ass though, but HCFX would have jizzed to find out icon_lol.gif

oh and new diamond vibrato or whichever one it is

5260248188_8b7e884fa5_b.jpg

• Members

View Post

Hahaha that's pretty funny considering it's Dom, who never actually talks that much. I don't reckon he was meaning to be an ass though, but HCFX would have jizzed to find out icon_lol.gif

oh and new diamond vibrato or whichever one it is

5260248188_8b7e884fa5_b.jpg

That's the show I was at!