can you christians explain something to me?

Double D

• Members

goodhonk, I never said anything about breeding. It was a population of fish left alone to evolve solely from natural selection.

Oh, and what does this sentence even mean?

"the jump from that to molecules to man evolution is what is in question"

Jump from what? And molecules would have existed as long as matter has existed. Since you cannot create or destroy matter (Law of Conservation of Matter and Energy), then matter must have an infinite existence backwards and forwards in time. Therefore, molecules have always existed. Unless for some reason at some point all that existed were free elements, but this is very unlikely due to the bonding nature of atoms. I know, backwards infinity of time (if you believe in it outside of it's conventional application), matter, and energy is a hard concept to grasp for christians who think everything just "appeared" out of thin air.

So really all that needs explaining to you is the evolution of man. If you believe in evolution then why would you not believe that man could evolve from a monkey? Or even evolve from bacteria if given enough time for natural selection to occur. The fossil record shows 3.5 billion years (first appearance of bacteria) was enough time for that to occur.

i know, you didn't call it breeding, you called it evolution, but it really is breeding.

the 'molecules to man' evoultion is probably described better as species jumping.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tell me about it! See your own posts for details...

Go on. How would you demonstrate I know "next to nothing"? I haven't specialized, but I've done a decent amount of reading/investigation, and have at least a working knowledge of the topics. I didn't criticize anyone who had the same.

• Members
theres also the idea that god is an omniscient life force operating out of a fourth dimension and works completely outside of our third dimensional concept of time, this is all of course speculation with no concrete evidence that i still like to ponder, but i can understand completely how an atheist would think its all bull{censored}
:lol:
ambiguity remains a large part of christianity and always will be so it really just comes down to whether one has faith in a concept or not and im certainly not going to call anyone out on believing or not believing in one thing or another

and thats my 0.02 cents

wouldn't our concept of time be 4th dimensional? God is the 5th Dimension. It's all cleaw now! This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius!
5thd.jpg

• Members
There is one God, made manifest through Jesus Christ, who through his death and resurrection has secured salvation for sinners.

That is, more or less, all Christianity is.

the big bang theory pretty much has one central point as well :badump:

• Members

do you really believe that christianity, especially creationism, is trendy? the flavour of the month?

No that's not my point. I'm saying 99.9% of the believers out there believe what they do because they were told to / raised amongst their particular sect of religion. For example an Iraqi raised Muslim, and an American raised Christian. It wasn't a choice and because your to weak, and must avoid independent thinking and in turn believe in magic.

• Members

i know, you didn't call it breeding, you called it evolution, but it really is breeding.

the 'molecules to man' evoultion is probably described better as species jumping.

I think you should go read up on evolution some more :poke:

As it has been said already in this thread, there is no point where we say "omg new species." It is a gradual shift as traits develop and eventually two organisms stemming from a common ancestor will be different enough that they cannot produce fertile offspring.

• Members

I think you should go read up on evolution some more :poke:

As it has been said already in this thread, there is no point where we say "omg new species." It is a gradual shift as traits develop and eventually two organisms stemming from a common ancestor will be different enough that they cannot produce fertile offspring.

likewise.

which is?

I would say it has more than one essential point - more like three:

1. Love God.

2. Love your neighbors.

3. Faith not works. Salvation and redemption via faith in Christ's sacrifice, as opposed to earning things via your own work and efforts.

• Members

No that's not my point. I'm saying 99.9% of the believers out there believe what they do because they were told to / raised amongst their particular sect of religion. For example an Iraqi raised Muslim, and an American raised Christian. It wasn't a choice and because your to weak, and must avoid independent thinking and in turn believe in magic.

yes, some people might believe things simply because they are told to. many people seek out truth for themselves. what have you done?

• Members

:facepalm:

• Members

is evolution is the gaining of genetic information

i have never thought of a theory where the first thing out of the sea or even before that had all the genetic codes and information. i will have to look into that. i wonder...

• Members

I would say it has more than one essential point - more like three:

1. Love God.

2. Love your neighbors.

3. Faith not works. Salvation and redemption via faith in Christ's sacrifice, as opposed to earning things via your own work and efforts.

I think I can live with that.

Or... more succinctly: Philip doth haveth the ban hammer, and he will useth it. Amen.

Archived