can you christians explain something to me?

Double D

• Members

Be prepared for a shocker (cover your bum):

You are the only real person. Everyone else around you is created for you. You are the only one in your world thinking, everyone else is made for you to interact with. All their actions were programmed. Nothing else is happening that you can't see or hear. The only things that are happening are what you see around you, down the street there are no families, unless you go down the street. In Iraq, there is no fighting, unless you see it on TV. Your mind is the only mind that is thinking. When people look like they are going with free will... eatting, sleeping, driving, shopping, etc., is only happening to someone else when you know it is happening to someone else.

You can't be somewhere without your body. Your mind can't see anything without your eyes, and you will always be where you are, not where your mind is. Your mind is their mind, but their mind is not without your mind.

What you are experiencing now is real. What you remember a second ago, a minute ago, and hour, a day, a year and your life is a memory. It never happened. The future will never happen. When you live your solitary moment, the next moment isn't. You might remember reading that last sentence, but it never really happened. You were put into consciousness for one moment, with all the memories of reading this, but they never happened because no one else is real and you are the only one here. Everyone else is just there for you.

I'm sure your next question is 'who is putting all of these people here for me? Who is the mastermind behind my life?'. That is simple. You are. Your mind, which cannot be somewhere without your body, controls your body, putting your body where your mind wants to be, not where your body wants to be. When your body is where you mind wants to be, and your mind is where you body is, then what you see is what your body sees, through your eyes, which is where your mind is. So, essentially, the answer is you.

Your next question is 'if there is not future, the past is only a memory, and the present is only one moment, what happens next?'. Simple. There is no next. After your memory ends, there is nothing next. There is no you, there is no family, friends or world as there never was to begin with. The moon doesn't come out at night, it comes out when you go out, see the moon and know it's night. You are the only person looking at the moon. When you think there are millions of others looking at the moon, there are. When you don't look at the moon, when there aren't millions of others looking at the moon, there isn't.

It's only you. You are alone.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are the only real person. Everyone else around you is created for you. You are the only one in your world thinking, everyone else is made for you to interact with. All their actions were programmed. Nothing else is happening that you can't see or hear. The only things that are happening are what you see around you, down the street there are no families, unless you go down the street. In Iraq, there is no fighting, unless you see it on TV. Your mind is the only mind that is thinking. When people look like they are going with free will... eatting, sleeping, driving, shopping, etc., is only happening to someone else when you know it is happening to someone else.

You can't be somewhere without your body. Your mind can't see anything without your eyes, and you will always be where you are, not where your mind is. Your mind is their mind, but their mind is not without your mind.

What you are experiencing now is real. What you remember a second ago, a minute ago, and hour, a day, a year and your life is a memory. It never happened. The future will never happen. When you live your solitary moment, the next moment isn't. You might remember reading that last sentence, but it never really happened. You were put into consciousness for one moment, with all the memories of reading this, but they never happened because no one else is real and you are the only one here. Everyone else is just there for you.

I'm sure your next question is 'who is putting all of these people here for me? Who is the mastermind behind my life?'. That is simple. You are. Your mind, which cannot be somewhere without your body, controls your body, putting your body where your mind wants to be, not where your body wants to be. When your body is where you mind wants to be, and your mind is where you body is, then what you see is what your body sees, through your eyes, which is where your mind is. So, essentially, the answer is you.

Your next question is 'if there is not future, the past is only a memory, and the present is only one moment, what happens next?'. Simple. There is no next. After your memory ends, there is nothing next. There is no you, there is no family, friends or world as there never was to begin with. The moon doesn't come out at night, it comes out when you go out, see the moon and know it's night. You are the only person looking at the moon. When you think there are millions of others looking at the moon, there are. When you don't look at the moon, when there aren't millions of others looking at the moon, there isn't.

descartes beat you to it

• Members
Actually, no. This is one of my bigger pet peeves when discussing evolution--sometimes it will come up, "well, it's a theory." It's very important to understand the definition of the word "theory" in a scientific context:

A theory in a scientific context isn't a guess or a hunch, it's a collection of facts. "You'll never see nuclear theory become nuclear fact..." --Forgot who said that, maybe de grass tyson?

Any way,

the_more_you_know2.jpg

yeah, people substitute theory for hypothesis all the time.

• Members

what's weird is that i used to wonder about this when i was 7 years old

• Members
Wait... you based your spiritual beliefs on something your... guitar teacher said?

Your guitar teacher? For serious?

:facepalm:

god i hope you dont listen to your homemaking mother either, jeez shes just a homemaker right? amirite? right?

anyway, is it okay if i just believe in trying to love other people?

good read, dug sonicvi's posts, think ben is kind of crazy, love beachballs, etc etc

Archived