can you christians explain something to me?

Double D

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
they are the same. This is my point.

right, a beach ball compared to a planet is the same as a monkey compared to a human :lol:

Furthermore, what we think we know about "natural selection" is kinda falling out from under us:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090330200821.htm

right, one article that says a certain type of testing for natural selection MAY be incorrect means everything is falling out from under the theory

what about testing for creationism? :lol:

• Members

right, a beach ball compared to a planet is the same as a monkey compared to a human
:lol:

You're kind of a one string banjo...

All you're doing is making yourself look like a moron. I've explained my point repeatedly and it holds up.

• Members
what about testing for creationism?
:lol:

What kind of creationism? Any belief in a creator God is "creationism", but not all creationists are of the "Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church" variety, and plenty of creationists take just as dim a view of those creationists as most atheist/secular humanist/evolutionists.

• Members

it's great how your point holds up to your scrutiny.

It does when you're comparing the logic behind making the two comparisons. Each example employs the same logical fallacies.

Talking about genetics and real examples based on evidence... I'm open to that. Knuckle-dragging-Google-image-search-just-to-get-quick-lulz... waste of time.

Your post couldn't have been more bereft of logical stability.

• Members
It does when you're comparing the logic behind making the two comparisons. Each example employs the
same logical fallacies

Talking about genetics and real examples based on evidence... I'm open to that. Knuckle-dragging-Google-image-search-just-to-get-quick-lulz... waste of time.

have you seen Google today? :lol:
missinglink.gif

I agree with your argument. You can't rely on superficial features to support a hypothesis. Of course we already know through study that a human skeleton and an ape skeleton are more than just superficially similar, though we can't (or shouldn't) assume that they are until there's enough evidence to support it. If you'd never seen a beachball and a planet before (either a very small planet or big beach ball) until you looked at them closer you could think they were possibly the same thing based on them both being spherical (or elipsoid). Of course it wouldn't take very much time for you to see that there are more differences than similarities and reject that idea, but still, the scientific procedure would require that you do identify those differences before making a conclusion. That is essentially your point, yes?

All the paleontologists are hypothesizing is that this new fossil may A common ancestor between primates and earlier mammals from which they evolved. Since humans are primates then it would be part of our evolutionary history, in the same way that if you go back another 300 million years that amphibians are also part of our evolutionary history. Nobody has claimed that this find is a link between apes and hominids. The writer of that article seems to assume that it has been.

• Members

It does when you're comparing the logic behind making the two comparisons. Each example employs the
same logical fallacies

you've double checked your facts and you have concluded that you're right and I am wrong eh?

whatever you do, don't dig a hole in your yard, you might pop the earth.

• Members

you've double checked your facts and you have concluded that you're right and I am wrong eh?

Double checked facts?

We're talking about the image you posted and the point you were making (we look the same so we are the same). I was commenting on that specific argument, not out entire system of beliefs.

What are you not getting? :poke:

• Members
Double checked facts?

We're talking about the image you posted and the point you were making (we look the same so we are the same). I was commenting on that
specific
argument, not out entire system of beliefs.

What are you not getting? :poke:

what I'm not getting is you posting a picture comparing a planet to a beach ball. :lol:

• Members

Furthermore, what we think we know about "natural selection" is kinda falling out from under us:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090330200821.htm

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry dude. Read the article. Natural selection is a fact, not a theory like evolution. Just because one group of researchers says that they think everyone has been using wrong math, doesn't make it any less true.

In fact if you read the article, you'd see them saying

"Of course,
we would never say that natural selection is not happening
, but we are saying that these statistical methods can lead scientists to make erroneous inferences,"

:facepalm:

• Members

First of all, this should've been labeled as OT in the thread title. Secondly, this shouldn't be here at all, this thread belongs in the politicall forum. Thirdly, the OP is making a very broad generalisation, that's very unscientific of him. Fourthly, great trolling robopimp.

• Members

In fact if you read the article, you'd see them saying

"Of course, we would never say that natural selection is not happening, but we are saying that these statistical methods can lead scientists to make erroneous inferences,"

:facepalm:

but isn't that the same thing as "natural selection is falling out from under us"

right after the Great Air Pump comes to inflate our Beach Ball into heaven!

• Members

but isn't that the same thing as "natural selection is falling out from under us"

no, it's saying individual examples of natural selection may be incorrect, but not the theory itself.

• Members

Seriously, you were much funnier when you just showed up and tossed in a one line zinger. When you troll like this it devalues all your good {censored} :lol:

You've gone from a .750 slugging average to a .325 in this thread alone. Still respectable, but :facepalm:

Archived