Pedals That didn't Work Out For You

JMR

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still on the fence about my BYOC Ram's Head clone. It's the least exciting of my fuzzes. I might keep it just because it's great for fat fuzzy leads.

Three knob or four knob? If the four knob, I recommend using it in tone bypass. Makes it MUCH more exciting :thu:

• Members

Electro-Harmonix DR. Q

Completely worthless pedal...

I got it because

A: It was pretty cheap

B: It looked interestingly retro and simple to use (one knob)

it's an envelope filter that seems to intensify with the aggressiveness that you play with it. I gave it a chance...I really did, and I just could not get anything cool out of it...perhaps if there was more tweekability, but alas...one freaking knob...it was just a completely unpractical pedal that didn't really add anything but a crappy undynamic wah.

Some people like this pedal...there's even a cheap mini version of it out now...but I have never come across a more disappointing stomp box.

• Members

ok i'd say my 2 single biggest gear FAILS have been the Adrenalinn 3 and the Toadworks Phantasm. I had high hopes for the Adrenalinn--the midi-synced trem and filter stuff was very cool but everything else was just terrible imo and was completely unfriendly with all my other effects... semi cool as an at-home practice tool with the drumbeats i guess (even tho the drums blew ass and programming them was ridiculously un-userfriendly)... i think the only way to make that thing worth a damn would be if you're playing direct into a pod or something already, but through a tube amp its crap

and the phantasm... oh how i wanted to like you. but you just sucked so, so hard. good thing i managed to flip myself out of it and into a mother{censored}ing Sunlion though, hah, amazing how that worked out.

Archived