republican vs. democrat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Democrats promise us what we want but manage to {censored} it up somehow, or just not give it to us.

Republicans use those {censored} ups to gain power to drive their evil agendas.

The symbols for both very appropriate:

Democrats are Jackasses

Republicans stand up for the big guy, and afraid of the little guy.

I'd rather have the Democrats in power, because there's less chance of war under them. On the home front though- they both suck.

• Members

of which country?

NPD (new democratic party) of canada are much more progressive than US democrats (probably a tiny bit less corrupt, too). when I listen to US democrats and republicans, I often think I'm hearing politicians from the same party.

also, in on first page.

Anarcho-Syndicalism FTW!

+1

• Members

Democrats promise us what we want but manage to {censored} it up somehow, or just not give it to us.

Republicans use those {censored} ups to gain power to drive their evil agendas.

The symbols for both very appropriate:

Democrats are Jackasses

Republicans stand up for the big guy, and afraid of the little guy.

I'd rather have the Democrats in power, because there's less chance of war under them. On the home front though- they both suck.

:wave:

uJdRfZ3raj8

• Members

Well the democrat mascot is a jackass, what does that tell us?

What are the mule (Jackass) mental characteristics?

Highly intelligent, alert, curious and affectionate when not worn down by bad conditions, i.e., cruel treatment, bad shelter, bad food and water, or overwork.

Quick to learn. A well-trained mule is calm, tolerant, loyal, affectionate, obliging and patient.

Has common sense and not prone to panic or carelessness

Can recognize danger.

http://www.luckythreeranch.com/mulefacts.html

• Members

What are the mule (Jackass) mental characteristics?

Highly intelligent, alert, curious and affectionate when not worn down by bad conditions, i.e., cruel treatment, bad shelter, bad food and water, or overwork.

Quick to learn. A well-trained mule is calm, tolerant, loyal, affectionate, obliging and patient.

Has common sense and not prone to panic or carelessness

Can recognize danger.

tl;dr

• Members

Bill Maher, though he may have a good thing to say here and there is a douche.

Dems and Rebs, no difference generally. You have a few good people within both parties but for the most part they're all assholes.

Money is their ideology, not "this value" or "that"

• Members

Well the democrat mascot is a jackass, what does that tell us?

Well, a little history is in order here.

The jackass was first used by Andrew Jackson in his 1828 run for the Presidency. The opposition had labeled him a "jackass" for his populist views, and Jackson used the symbol to his advantage in campaign posters.

However, both symbols are generally credited to 19th Century cartoonist Thomas Nast from Harper''s Weekly. Nast first used the jackass to represent an anti-civil war group, but it quickly became associated with the Democratic Party and has ever since. Nast used the elephant in a cartoon in 1874 showing a jackass, labeled "Democrats", dressed in a lions skin scaring away all of the animals in the zoo, including an elephant which was labeled "Republican Vote", and it stuck ever since as well.

So the jackass symbol was originally used to represent a populist view that would blow away special interests, not some dumb{censored} animal.

Archived