Let's see your bass rigs!

amarr1

• Members

How do you like the Miller bass Zygoat? I mainly play upright nowadays but I could use a nice 4-string to round out the stable.

Love it. The neck is great, it's very easy for a guitar player to pick this one up and feel at home. The switch for active/passive mode has been problematic, I get crackles and sometimes silence. But I prefer the passive sound and rarely used the active when it worked. Great sounding bass.

Not much to show really. I have two basses and one baritone - a 89 Ibanez SR1100, a 05 Danelectro Baritone single cut, and a Rogue VB100 violin bass that I've made a few minor changes to - added Hofner "teacup" knobs, replaced the roundwounds with flatwounds, and replaced the butterfly tuner buttons with StewMac banjo tuner buttons that look a lot more Hofner-esque than the stock items.

Here's a web IMG that looks nearly identical to my Ibanez, except mine has EMG's in it:

sr1100eol-88.jpg

I've also attached a grainy image of me playing mine. At that outdoor gig, I was running through a friend's Eden Nemesis amp. I have a SWR LA12 that I use for recording, and I also run direct a lot via a Groove Tubes Brick preamp and a FMR RNLA compressor / leveler.

For pedals, I use my guitar boards and individual pedals as needed.

Archived