anyone here been to a rave?

amarr1

• Members

My last rave was 1992. It was pretty boring. I nestled into a corner with a 6pack of heiny watching these two chicks make out. They got into a fight and the older one left. On her way out she looked at me and said, "I can't leave without tasting those lips." After the kiss she grabbed my hand and took me to her car. A VW Rabbit. I'm 6'. That car was way too small...

• Members

I used to hang in that scene and it was a {censored}ing blast. I could get into the music and have fun dancing. There was also a flow of chemicals at your disposal if you decided that would be a good idea. And if you weren't interested in any of that stuff, there were lots of horny hot girls and you could at least finger one in a dark corner :)

• Members

My friends older brother(was loaded) had raves 3-4 times a week in a warehouse he rented in chicago. T'was nuts. I would have hated it if sober though. But I generally showed up drunk, ate a few rolls(they were always clean if you got them directly from him) and had a blast.

I don't buy ex anymore, everything is soooo {censored}ing dirty and speedy. But if you have access to good clean rolls, eat a few, go to a rave. have a crazy thyme.

• Members

did a fair few raves in my uni days. It was more fun because we all got there and partied till the crack of the dawn. Some were really boring but some were quite fun.

The location of them was the best thing: under a motorway, in an old factory, in the old quarters of the ministry of justice.

Def good fun but there were some other ones which were rubbish: new year at sw1. Massive rave till 6am and the bar shuts at 2am. Pointless!

• Members

I was bombed as hell at a rave during SXSW this year. I recall lots of x-rated grind tactics on top of the clubs speaker system and lots of making out at the same time. This was followed by a gnarly after party with some of those makeout babes somewhere in downtown austin. I had to hunt for my clothes when I woke up still tanked. radd timez xpress.

• Members
Worst {censored} ever. Worst music ever. Worst people ever.

I disagree, though i dont really dig that scene, i find indie/hipster places for more irritating... for me they are the worst people, who play stupid uber trendy (but utter crap) music...

I've been to a few raves and if anything they make me laugh... watching some people completely off their minds massaging eachothers heads while gurning till kingdom come...

gurn.jpg

• Members

I went to one when I was in college, about 10 years ago. It was in an old skating rink. One of our friends really wanted to go. The rest of us spent most of our time in the parking lot, chatting and smoking, because everything inside looked lame and sounded lamer.

• Members

They don't still have raves, do they? We used to go all the time in the late 90's. We mainly found ourselves in abandoned warehouses, factories, etc. The venues were really cool. I always found the people to be really nice, and always had a kickass time. We did a lot of drugs and danced a lot.

• Members

They don't still have raves, do they? We used to go all the time in the late 90's. We mainly found ourselves in abandoned warehouses, factories, etc. The venues were really cool. I always found the people to be really nice, and always had a kickass time. We did a lot of drugs and danced a lot.

That about sums it up. I don't dance or listen to techno, but get enough drugs in me and a bunch of people about ready to break out into a full on orgy, I consider it a good time.

Archived