Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Members

so i picked one up as a result of my binson echorec pedal clone thread (thanks to btbam). bought it from GC so i could try it thoroghly and take it back if i didn't like it.

well, it's a keeper. it will now be my main looper--and it will for sure be used for verb, delay, mod/filter toanz. i will need to pawn some stuff off to pay for it--but it will be worth it. i will probably use it 99.9% of the time as a looper. i'm pretty content with the rest of my board and will rely on it for most of my sounds--but it will be nice to add in additional stuff (mainly for the ambientz).

i still need to test it out at full hiwatt levels to make sure there aren't any big noise issues--due to my 2 yr old daughter, i've only been able to test at lower bedroom vol. levels.

it may even replace my trusty arion tuner!!

i think L6 really scored with this one. i've NEVER been a multiFX guy. but i've always been impressed with their delay/verb models. i went with a headrush over the dl4 for my looper--but the looper on here (with the undo feature) is pretty excellent. plus, for trips up to the cabin, etc. it will be nice to be able to bring just one unit and cover all that ground.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hi Rich,

Unless its included in the update, full control over the two Rotary effect's speed would be a nice thing.

Also, on the analog echo, the mix setting seems to ramp up too quickly (for my tastes). It seems as if 80% of the volume gain is in the first 20% of the sweep. I am not explaining this well. Its like a Fender DeVille Volume Pot. You get 80% of your volume between 0-2 on the dial, then its a gradual increase from 3-10.

As much as I think the whole slow/fast thing is cool; I admit it would be nice to have more control over speed.

If it is updated it would somehow need to have both a slow/fast button and a speed button.

• Members

But don't be bummed or hesitant to share your ideas. I do listen. It is my job. I fight for the customer, so much so that I have a new position at Line 6, I am going to be supporting all the Product Managers by listening to you guys and fighting for the stuff you want. Haven't worked out a title quite yet but Customer Advocate may be it. So I can talk all about current and past gear all day long. Generally if it can't happen or won't happen, I say so.

I guess the M products have been selling quite well then for you to make a permeation position from this...

This is a prime example of Line 6's marketing genius!

• Members

is there a numerical display on the m13? or is it the same as the m9

dont think i will actually mind too much but just so's i know

AFAIK, it's the same. It's not a deal-breaker exactly, just really annoying if you're trying to share settings. That said, I suppose it shouldn't be any more annoying than, say, any other analog pedal ever. :lol:

• Members
AFAIK, it's the same. It's not a deal-breaker exactly, just really annoying if you're trying to share settings. That said, I suppose it shouldn't be any more annoying than, say, any other analog pedal ever.
:lol:

haha thats true, but there is the midi transfer capability to computers, wonder if you can save and send them as a file for other people to use,
sweeet

• Members

Yeah. Huge flaw that we've already addressed.

Me thinks that if there's not enough room for both the graphical bar and a numerical display that: the next firmware could would be set so that when you're dialing in a setting, instead of displaying the name of the parameter it displays a numerical value corresponding to the parameters position. Then when you stop turning a kno bthe value would hold on the screen for a second or two then turn back to the name of the paramater.

This way you could have enough room for both the bar and the number without having to make it so small you can't see it.

Also Rich,

If you're now some sort of "magical customer representative" for Line 6 I'd like to suggest two products:

1) A product similar to the Tech 21 Sansamp Para driver DI. But of course ala Line 6. Think of it as a "Pocket POD pro" for direct signal processing. Tech 21 has some really neat products for amp modeling, which I believe L6 could rival. For me personally, I'm forced to run direct to the PA a lot of the time. The only other alternative would be for me to buy a multi-effects unit (like the X3) with amp modelling in it. Not only is that not-my-thing, it would be such a waste.

30295_l.jpg

2) An redesigned version of the L6 power adapter for your multi-effects units. The current one is so clunky and the extra cable length has no where to be stored. My suggestion would be to design an adapter that has some sort of retractable chord for easy storage. Sort of like a retractable mouse, or a garden-house on a reel. I would be more than willing to buy something like this as an after-market upgrade.

42084_ac-1-bk_6777-01.jpg

• Members

That's a good link. Thank you.

Yeah, the fact that they're metal and exactly like a traditional wah makes it VERY appealing. After trying the L6 expression pedal I think I'll try to get one of these; I'm just not sure i they ship to Canada.

No offense to anyone who likes the L6 pedal but I just think a) its too small, b) to slippery c) to-plastic to be durable and d) too glitchy (not smooth enough)

So I'm either going to shell-out for the mission engineering SP-2 or get the parts to make something similar. Might be hard to make though...

• Members
Yeah, the fact that they're metal and exactly like a traditional wah makes it VERY appealing. After trying the L6 expression pedal I think I'll try to get one of these; I'm just not sure i they ship to Canada.

No offense to anyone who likes the L6 pedal but I just think a) its too small, b) to slippery c) to-plastic to be durable and d) too glitchy (not smooth enough)

So I'm either going to shell-out for the mission engineering SP-2 or get the parts to make something similar. Might be hard to make though...

466380.jpg

• Members
Rich, is Line 6 developing a looper controlling Midi footswtich to compliment the M9?

I'm totally game to develop something like this, even if only for myself. Need to do some homework & learnin', but I think it COULD be awesome! :thu:

Archived