Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm. That kind of stinks. That means it would be foot shuffling ALL of the time the looper is wanted. What I like about the DL4 is that it's sitting there, always ready to loop. You don't have to do anything special.

Is that something that is specifically going to be for the M13, or would there be hope of having a "Looper/FX" mode, where you have a 4 button looper, and 3 dedicated stomp switches. (What I imagined the M9 would be in the first place, in looper mode).

I'm REALLY into the M9 (I started this thread!), but knowing I would need tap dance shoes seems a little less exciting.

I think for what you're expecting the M13 sounds like what you want. To have that flexibility to go from using effects and the looper instantly. The M9 is like the DL4 where you have to go back and forth to use effects and the looper. But the M9 you can have the looper and the effects on at the same time. You cannot do that on the DL4. It's either or.

• Members

I think for what you're expecting the M13 sounds like what you want. To have that flexibility to go from using effects and the looper instantly. The M9 is like the DL4 where you have to go back and forth to use effects and the looper. But the M9 you can have the looper and the effects on at the same time. You cannot do that on the DL4. It's either or.

Yes.

There is always a trade-off between size, features, ease of use, quality, simplicity and cost.

• Members

Hmm. That kind of stinks. That means it would be foot shuffling ALL of the time the looper is wanted. What I like about the DL4 is that it's sitting there, always ready to loop. You don't have to do anything special.

Is that something that is specifically going to be for the M13, or would there be hope of having a "Looper/FX" mode, where you have a 4 button looper, and 3 dedicated stomp switches. (What I imagined the M9 would be in the first place, in looper mode).

I'm REALLY into the M9 (I started this thread!), but knowing I would need tap dance shoes seems a little less exciting.

While you may say it looks lacking, think of this. The dl4 is only ready to loop when in loop mode, and it gives you the ability to add delay. Then you have the double time half time reverse all in one. The m9 has reverse, doubletime halftime separately, plus it can undo. Not only that, but you can take the control over one effect into the loopers display, so if that is a delay, you don't have any tapdancing' just turn the effect off when not needed by running 100 percent dry. No tap dancing, and still more looping controls.

• Members

Hey Rich,

Thanks for spending so much time providing info and taking suggestions to the other departments @ Line 6

My #1 request is for the M9 version 2 to have an FX Loop. I know the thing just came out but, I tell ya' no FX Loop killed it for me. :cry:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. FX Loop next time.:poke:

• Members
Hey Rich,

Thanks for spending so much time providing info and taking suggestions to the other departments @ Line 6

My #1 request is for the M9 version 2 to have an FX Loop. I know the thing just came out but, I tell ya' no FX Loop killed it for me.
:cry:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. FX Loop next time.:poke:

wouldn't it be cool if the 2 expression inputs were wired to control 2 expressions or be used as a effects loop?

• Members

wouldn't it be cool if the 2 expression inputs were wired to control 2 expressions or be used as a effects loop?

YES - this would be super-double-ultra sweet.

Also - thanks NetStar for suggesting that YouTube shootout. Not my kind of playing, and I can hear, especially on the Rat & Fuzz Face, some detail thats missing in the models (harmonics, etc.)

Still, why more folks don't talk about the DM4 is a mystery to me!

[YOUTUBE]eCi48KHyiek[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

DRASP!

What are the chances of you making a MIDI "looper controller" for the M9?

Five buttons that mimic:

Rec/Overdub

Play/Stop

Play Once

Undo/Redo

Half speed

Each button just needs to send the corresponding MIDI signal. It can be in a slim case, take up minimal space, :blah::blah::blah:.

Caman!

• Members

I'm 100% clueless re: Midi stuff, but I LOVE that idea. Whats involved/how complex a circuit is needed to make a basic 5-button MIDI interface like this?

DRASP!

What are the chances of you making a MIDI "looper controller" for the M9?

Five buttons that mimic:

Rec/Overdub

Play/Stop

Play Once

Undo/Redo

Half speed

Each button just needs to send the corresponding MIDI signal. It can be in a slim case, take up minimal space,
:blah:

Caman!

• Members

I'm 100% clueless re: Midi stuff, but I LOVE that idea. Whats involved/how complex a circuit is needed to make a basic 5-button MIDI interface like this?

:evil: :evil: :evil:

This page looks like it has good DIY info:

http://www.audiomulch.com/midipic/

And this looks like a cool video that seems TOTALLY on point, at least as far as getting started is concerned:

NAosgd9Cy6U

Another one:

qw42QEiFDJg

I think the whole thing would only require a basic microcontroller.

Adding LED's to indicate if a function was active would make things more complicated, but not that much I don't think.

I know next to nothing about MIDI, but from what I can tell, the basics of sending a message based on a button press is pretty simple.

• Members

Wayyyyy too much compression for me to hear much clarity on anything played on that clip.

I'm pretty interested in this M9, and have been lurking the hell out of this thread the past week. Thanks for the discussion, guys... I can't wait to try one out on my own!

• Members

Still, why more folks don't talk about the DM4 is a mystery to me!

It's simple. The main reason is because, like with a lot of Line 6 products, it can take a little while to dial in a sound you like. So many people want to just plug and play and immediately have the sound they are looking for. The impatient ones automatically just say Line 6 stuff is crap, when it is actually is quite good.

• Members

question about knob tweakability... I would be using this with my Rhodes so I have access to the knobs with my hands. I have a DL4 and like being able to tweak knobs while playing. Are the knobs on the M9 tweakable, or are they more set it and forget it?

Thanks,
Mac

• Members

question about knob tweakability... I would be using this with my Rhodes so I have access to the knobs with my hands. I have a DL4 and like being able to tweak knobs while playing. Are the knobs on the M9 tweakable, or are they more set it and forget it?

Thanks,

Mac

This is probably going to sound like a cop out answer, but it's as tweakable or as set-and-forget as you want it to be. I'm not a big "on the fly" tweaker, so I don't use it that way. That said, I see no reason why you wouldn't/couldn't be able to do that.

Now, if you've got a lot going on, remember that you can only tweak one thing at a time.... so, a potential drawback there if you like to have a bunch of stuff running.

If you're just looking to tweak a delay though, you should be more than fine.

• Members

Thanks,

Mac

They are tweakable if you update to the bay update.reason being are the knobs jump to wherever they are set when you twist now, instead of being closer to where the preset is. Could really mess your sound up on the fly without updating.

Ben, as far as the question about roBo's multi, keep in mind he said he uses it as an add on to his normal pedals, and a lot of people here seem to be trying to replace everything for the m9, and that just might not work.

Archived