Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We got a couple at my store.

Just like the M13, the delays are good, modulation effects are good, and the verbs are good, but the distortion SUCKS.

I might get one still just try it out, but I am not sure yet.

I don't think al lthe distortion sucks. there are atleast 3 decent sounds in there.

• Members
Not sure if this is of any use to anyone, but if my settings get wiped out, this would be an easy way to track them. Also have a ppt slide.

Slide1.jpg

Thanks for this post....wi'll definitely print these and copy my settings down today.

• Members

I don't think al lthe distortion sucks. there are atleast 3 decent sounds in there.

More than that, for sure! I found that #1 I didn't love ANY of the distortions w/o some kind of tweaking & #2 many of them were 'meh' at low volumes, but great into a loud amp - going to set up the M9 to do our whole set & give it a run @ practice next week.

• Members

So this idea just crossed my mind:

I've been looking at the mission engineering expression pedals because their housed in a traditional wah enclosure and are likely pretty durable. So I got an idea. It occurred to me that the components for an expression pedal are probably pretty simple ie) parts to be found at radio shack. So...

Does anyone think it would be possible to buy an old wah pedal off of ebay:

ie) http://cgi.ebay.ca/Dunlop-Crybaby-GCB-95-Wah_W0QQitemZ180419135234QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item2a01d18702

and convert the inner components so that the pedal will function as an expression pedal?

edit: I just found this on the mission engineering webiste, this is gold:

L6 expression schematics:

http://www.mission-engineering.com/Mission-Engineering/Support_files/Mission%20EP1-L6%20Schematic.pdf

instructions for converting your old wah to an expression:

http://www.mission-engineering.com/Mission-Engineering/Support_files/Mission%20Kit-A%20Assembly%20Instructions.pdf

• Members

L6 expression schematics:

http://www.mission-engineering.com/Mission-Engineering/Support_files/Mission%20EP1-L6%20Schematic.pdf

instructions for converting your old wah to an expression:

http://www.mission-engineering.com/Mission-Engineering/Support_files/Mission%20Kit-A%20Assembly%20Instructions.pdf

That seems pretty simple. Nice digging. I bet Craigslist would be a good bet.:thu:

• Members

Reach around way of doing things but:

in the update if you have an expression pedal set there is a pixel that marks where you heel down settings are and your toe up settings are.

obviously if no expression pedal is plugged in then it will just use the heel value.

That may be one way of marking your settings so when you tweak you can come back.

only thing is (for some reason) no pixels are there unless it has an expressioned change. Sort of silly, and i'm sure maybe in the future this can be addressed and ALWAYS settings are marked where they are set and saved (which coincidentally would just automatically save them as heel down settings by default unless you change it)

• Members

I understand your comment on manual saving, but I'm talking on the fly changing to a differnt setting and sweeping a certain setting and then going back to the original. Or, to tell someone else your specific setting that they can count out the precise measurement.

• Members

listening, and it's AWESOME! love the bell like tones.....

i can't wait to get my m9 :love::love::love:

we gonna have to do a key west gig together. maybe in may of next year, when they are doing the big songwriters festival down there, we could do an AMBIENT guitar show just to do something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

loving this :love::love::love:

• Members
listening, and it's AWESOME! love the bell like tones.....

i can't wait to get my m9
:love:

we gonna have to do a key west gig together. maybe in may of next year, when they are doing the big songwriters festival down there, we could do an AMBIENT guitar show just to do something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

loving this

Crud, I meant to comment on your post a few pages back about the coming down in spring thing. I think we can try and make it work.

• Members

Who else is digging some of the dirt? I had good luck playing with the Tube Drive at low drive settings & the Classic Distortion @ about the same place I'd set my Rat.

So - list your fave settings for low-med gain & for fuzz (good raunchy fuzz, not wimpy stuff).

• Members

Who else is digging some of the dirt? I had good luck playing with the Tube Drive at low drive settings & the Classic Distortion @ about the same place I'd set my Rat.

So - list your fave settings for low-med gain & for fuzz (good raunchy fuzz, not wimpy stuff).

post settings drasp?

Also, I really like the facial fuzz. turn the out down some, letthe drive crank, and that mids knob really changes the sound a lot. I love dialing it back to about 15-30%

• Members

Also if anyone is interested I got a pretty nice sounding organ tone. Won't work on chords, but for lines, it's pretty sexy.

Synth O Matic: Waveform 1, High Freq, Low Q, Mid-High Pitch

Rotary Drum/Horn - Fast

Tube Drive if you so desire, I think it sounds alright without it too though.

• Members

I'm liking the 'overdrive' setting.... as well as the Tube Comp, Vetta Comp, and Tube Drive.

Here's a good OD setting. Roll the gain back to almost nothing (4 bars) for a nice-ish lower gain setting. You might need to bump the output up just a bit though.

DSC04811.jpg

• Members

When I get mine, I plan on doing some proper shoot-outs, especially of the OD's.

A DI'd track, re-amped (so it's exactly the same performance), into a properly mic'd amp, with raw level-matched WAV's for download, etc.

Should be good. I'm going to focus on the more popular pedals that are modeled: Rat, TS, DMM for starters.

When I'm ready to get rolling, if people in the Toronto area want to lend pedals that are modeled in the M9/M13, feel free!

Archived