Vintage Rack Gear- Who uses it, what do you use, what do you recommend?

Secret Seasons

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have an SR&D Rockman Stereo Chorus/Delay rack unit. It kicks arse for rack chorus :) .

I just bought a Mesa/Boogie 50/50 stereo poweramp, I guess it is partially vintage?

I wouldn't say that a Yamaha SPX-90 is 'anti-Zachman'. If he had one he'd be all over that thing. Remember too he has a Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 poweramp and that would be classed as vintage..

• Members

haha well the zachman thing was just a joke, it'd inevitably come up in any rack thread anyway.

I spent some serious time last night with the SRV-3030 too, and damn, that thing is awesome. I'm still always gonna be a pedal dude first, but I may be moving towards racks for my reverb. the SPX is very cool too but I'm kinda blown away by the 3030.

it might be enough for me to skip out on getting a new RRR even!! ack! how do I explain this to the Dr.? lol!

• Members

I have...

Digitech GFX 1 Twin Tube (2)

Digitech Studio 5000

Digitiech Valve FX

Boss SE 70

Yamaha SPX50D

and an Alesis Akira

They're fun to play with but a pain in the butt to program...

Not sure how "vintage" this stuff is

I use to also have a MXR Pitch Shifter which was vintage, big, and I didnt like it that much

• Members

well I definitely intend for "vintage" to be used pretty loosely here. mainly i'm looking for stuff you can scoop up on ebay for non-ridiculous prices but that will still sound great. like... yeah, i'd kinda love to have a 5k eventide rack or something but... no.

$200ish is sort of the limit I'm thinking about with this stuff but if it was something REALLY cool I'd consider going over. But so far I have gotten killer deals on everything I've bought so I'm looking for more stuff like that.

• Members

roc346915.jpg

I have a Hush IIC that I still use. Mine is in better shape than this one.

I have a 14 space rack mostly full of stomp boxes and audio switchers. The Hush will go the way of the dinosaur if I need to add another pedal tray.

2 empty spaces left. 1 tray and clearance for pedals will take 2 spaces. I'm already maxed out on audio switching. That means I'd need 3 spaces, so that Hush is in danger of being replaced with an ISP Decimator pedal in the future.

• Members

An Ibanez AD202 or Boss DM-100 will give a different quality analogue delay to your Yamaha e1010 (I've got all three plus an e1005).

The Vesta Fire reverb to look for is the RV-3, which is a 1RU stereo unit with EQ - very useful.

i had 3 of the dm-300's great units..just huge! giot them all for like 130 or so together.

the rv3? i know the rv1 aND 2,and the 1 I have it mono put has a great eq

and was like $50 sat in the shop for like 2 years... :):):)

• Members

I refuse to let you /thread my thread.

LIVE ON, THREAD!

ps--I dialed in the best sound ever with the SRV reverb and E1010 delay yesterday. {censored} it, I'm throwing away all my pedals and going full on Zachman.

Oh wait, I was using an overdrive pedal too. {censored}.

Oh wait again, PEDAL DRAWER TIME!!

I'm gonna need 4 of 'em :lol:

Archived