Answer these questions and I'll tell you if you're hipster or not.

amarr1

• Members

coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily? No.
do you happen to own a macintosh computer by apple? Yes.
Do you own a guitar that is a vintage no name brand, but you're so badass that you play it anyway? No.
do you own either an epiphone sheraton, a vintage fender, vox, or ampeg amp? No.
Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion? Sonic Youth, yes.
Do you find Megan Fox unattractive? I don't know who she is.
Do you name anything you own, such as your penis? No.
Marijuana -- consume, sell, both? No.
Greek mythology -- incorporated in any of your songs? No.
big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative? Yes.
Politics -- Left swaying? Slightly.
Vegetarian? {censored} no.
What is your favorite artist? MC Escher.
Proponent of campaigns for helping the earth? I guess.
on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? 11, this one goes to eleven.

Seriously, these questions are lame.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily? no

do you happen to own a macintosh computer by apple? yes

Do you own a guitar that is a vintage no name brand, but you're so badass that you play it anyway? Yes

do you own either an epiphone sheraton, a vintage fender, vox, or ampeg amp? yes

Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion? no

Do you find Megan Fox unattractive? yes

Do you name anything you own, such as your penis? yes

Marijuana -- consume, sell, both? no

Greek mythology -- incorporated in any of your songs? no

big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative? yes

Politics -- Left swaying? not really

Vegetarian? no

What is your favorite artist? don't have one

Proponent of campaigns for helping the earth? sure

on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively) Blergh

• Members

do you happen to own a macintosh computer by apple? No.

Do you own a guitar that is a vintage no name brand, but you're so badass that you play it anyway? No.

do you own either an epiphone sheraton, a vintage fender, vox, or ampeg amp? No.

Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion? Both are probably in the top 30 at least.

Do you find Megan Fox unattractive? To a certain degree, yes. It's mostly her lack of talent/personality that puts me off.

Greek mythology -- incorporated in any of your songs? I have no songs, so no.

big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a derivative? Yes, but I don't ever wear them. (Really.)

Politics -- Left swaying? I suppose.

Vegetarian? No.

What is your favorite artist? Visual? I'd have to say David Hockney, Salvador Dali, Max Ernst, or Giorgio de Chirico. Tough call.

Proponent of campaigns for helping the earth? No.

on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively) 4 I guess.

• Members

Ooh, ooh, me! Flatter my ego with your free time and thoughtful judgement!

• Coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily? Hate it.

• Do you happen to own a macintosh computer by apple? {censored} that, Valve 4 Life

• Do you own a guitar that is a vintage no name brand, but you're so badass that you play it anyway? Nope, although I really want a few.

• Do you own either an epiphone sheraton, a vintage fender, vox, or ampeg amp? I've been eying a new Ampeg for awhile. Great tone for the $

• Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion? {censored} no.

• Do you find Megan Fox unattractive? When she starts speaking.

• Do you name anything you own, such as your penis? Nope.

• Marijuana -- consume, sell, both? Consume.

• Greek mythology -- incorporated in any of your songs? Ghey

• Big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative? No glasses.

• Politics -- Left swaying? I'm Noam Chomsky Left.

• Vegetarian? BACON!!

• What is your favorite artist? Alexander Calder

• Proponent of campaigns for helping the earth? I don't have enough faith in people to think joining such a thing would matter, but I try to be environmentally friendly in my own life.

• On a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively) Hm, 5. I hate their music, art, and douche-bag "irony", but I still like art, am pretty freaking left, and I'm a 20-something white guy. :idk:

• Members

1. no
2. no
3. does a squire count-it's a backup guitar.
4. no
5. no way
6. no
7. not anymore
8. no
9. no-lame
10. no-lame
11. definitley not
12. no way
13. Van Halen/Blink 182/Sum 41/Goo Goo Dolls
14. not really, I recycle cans for money sometimes.

on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively) I don't know, you tell me.

• Members

Ok, I'll bite... :D

coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily? I average about 1 cup/week, so no.
Do you own a guitar that is a vintage no name brand, but you're so badass that you play it anyway? I have a couple of partsocasters that are getting old, but no Airline or Teisco, so no.
do you own either an epiphone sheraton, a vintage fender, vox, or ampeg amp? '69 Bandmaster Reverb in Vibrolux cabinet, '70 Twin Reverb, '73 Bassman Export and Fender Vibratone... if they count, yes. :)
Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion? No.
Do you find Megan Fox unattractive? Megan who?
Do you name anything you own, such as your penis? I don't even name my guitars, so no.
Marijuana -- consume, sell, both? No drugs for me, thanks.
big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative? Only if I want to look stupid...
Politics -- Left swaying? Yes (and being leftie and european, I guess that'd be a "hell yeah!" in US terms... )
Vegetarian? No.
What is your favorite artist? I'm all over the place - I checked the "last 25 played" in my iTunes, and there were anything from Allison Krauss & Union station to early Toto in there...
Proponent of campaigns for helping the earth? Some, but not as much as I'd like.
on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively) No idea, but I fully expect you to tell me... :D

So...? How hipster am I? And what is a "hipster" anyway? :wave:

• Members

coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily? Nope, usually tea.

do you happen to own a macintosh computer by apple? No.

Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion? Not best ever no.

Do you find Megan Fox unattractive? Hell no.

Do you name anything you own, such as your penis? Nah.

Marijuana -- consume, sell, both? Mostly consume, sometimes pass on a bit.

big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative? I have aviators somewhere, don't really wear them.

Politics -- Left swaying? I guess.

Vegetarian? No. Love steak.

What is your favorite artist? The Beatles.

on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively) 4

• Members

coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily?----------------I'm in college so yes
do you happen to own a macintosh computer by apple?---------Yes Mac user all my life (I'm 19)
Do you own a guitar that is a vintage no name brand, but you're so badass that you play it anyway?------------no (not yet :))
do you own either an epiphone sheraton, a vintage fender, vox, or ampeg amp?-------------------I own a 1962 Blonde Fender Bandmaster
Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion?-------Sonic Youth is not the best of all time but a big name for the indie/alternative culture

Do you find Megan Fox unattractive?-------------not really just overrated
Do you name anything you own, such as your penis?-------------no
Marijuana -- consume, sell, both?---------------no
Greek mythology -- incorporated in any of your songs?---------------no
big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative?----------yes black and orange dollar store ray bans
Politics -- Left swaying?-----------------------Independent but rightwinged
Vegetarian? ----------{censored} no I love steak
What is your favorite artist? ------------------
Proponent of campaigns for helping the earth?------------ I recycle and support the innovation of green technology it can stimulate the economy and make the world better
on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively)-------------------5-6 out of 10

• Members

Here's mine:

This was in orangesix's thread, but I'm expanding this to a larger scale.

coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily?
No

do you happen to own a macintosh computer by apple?
Yes, Macbook

Do you own a guitar that is a vintage no name brand, but you're so badass that you play it anyway?
No

do you own either an epiphone sheraton, a vintage fender, vox, or ampeg amp?
Yep Vintage BF Princeton Reverb

Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion?
Dunno

Do you find Megan Fox unattractive?
No

Do you name anything you own, such as your penis?
No

Marijuana -- consume, sell, both?
Nope

Greek mythology -- incorporated in any of your songs?
No

big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative?
{censored} No

Politics -- Left swaying?
No, not right leaning either

Vegetarian?
No

What is your favorite artist?
The Smiths

Proponent of campaigns for helping the earth?
No

on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively)

• Members

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Used to own a vintage Twin but not anymore.
5. Sonic Youth, yes. Flaming Lips, definitely not.
6. No
7. No
8. No
9. No
10. I have some Wayfarer looking sunglasses, not Ray Bans though.
11. I guess
12. Definitely not
13. Stars of the Lid
14. Nope
15. 4?

• Members

coffee is a vile bean. 1-2 standard black tea's a day.
apple is a vile bean. i mean fruit. i mean company.
no vintage guitars.
vintage fender bandmaster, recently sold a gemini II.
yes.. sonic youth.
no clue who she is.
no, except pets, who get people names. for example.. rory the pug.
consume small amounts of marijuana, very VERY regularly.
{censored} the greeks, literally!
my glasses are normal rimmed.
Marxist.
No, I love food too much to abstain.
all time.. Pink Floyd. right now... Dead Prez.
my campaign to help the earth is Marxism. :p

• Members

1. No

2. yes

3. Sorta, but not really

4. HELL YES

5. Not the greatest, but bad ass, yes

6. No

7. No

8. Rarely ever

9. Nope

10. No

11. Both are full of self-important pompous jackasses

12.Pretty much

13. No real favorites, just appreciate all of them for what they are.

14. no

15. You tell me?

• Members

ok, i'll play.

nope, i don't like coffee, i drink tea though.

yes, black macbook

Do you own a guitar that is a vintage no name brand, but you're so badass that you play it anyway?
its a kay, and i don't play it. but yes

nope

Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion?
two
of the best bands!

attractive, but i prefer the geeky zooey deschanel/maggie gyllenhaal type

no

neither

nope

yes and yes

yes

Vegetarian?
no way, but i lived with three of them for a couple of years

maybe Jasper Johns? that or David Hockney

not really

on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively)
you tell me?

• Members

coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily? I hate coffee!
do you happen to own a macintosh computer by apple? No... I hate macs!
Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion? Great bands... but I would not consider them the best of all time.
Do you find Megan Fox unattractive? I think she's boner-rific!!!
Do you name anything you own, such as your penis? I don't have any nicknames for Sgt. Slaughter, he wouldn't stand for it... baaahhhzing!!!
Marijuana -- consume, sell, both? Consume
Greek mythology -- incorporated in any of your songs? Well, gay anal sex isn't a myth, so no.
big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative? No.
Politics -- Left swaying? We don't have politics in Canada!!
Vegetarian? No.
What is your favorite artist? Don't you mean who?
Proponent of campaigns for helping the earth? The earth will be fine once it gets rid of us!!

• Members

coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily? i drink tea mostly

do you happen to own a macintosh computer by apple? i own a hand me down powerbook thats all sorts of {censored}ed up. i mainly use it for recording and watching dvds cuz thats all it can do.

Do you own a guitar that is a vintage no name brand, but you're so badass that you play it anyway? nope

do you own either an epiphone sheraton, a vintage fender, vox, or ampeg amp? i do have a sheraton, ive owned several vintage fenders, and currently play a blues jr.

Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion? not even. great bands, but not my favorite.

Do you find Megan Fox unattractive? she is, but when compared to other famous chicks, shes meh.

Do you name anything you own, such as your penis? i have trouble calling my friends by their names. mostly "you" or "guy with the neck beard".

Marijuana -- consume, sell, both? i smoked alot in high school, sometimes ill smoke if someone is smoking near me and offers.

Greek mythology -- incorporated in any of your songs? i dont really know that much greek mythology. all my music is about how pathetic i am and how much my ex {censored}ed my life up.

big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative? err, my glasses are black rimmed. not big. i guess they are sort of nerdy, not really hipster. i do own some ray ban wayfarers, but i never wear them cuz i have to wear glasses to see.

Politics -- Left swaying? mostly. im a moderate.

Vegetarian? no way. meat is so delicious. i do enjoy cooking veg cuisine though.

What is your favorite artist? i dont have one.

Proponent of campaigns for helping the earth? all these "save the earth" mother{censored}ers dont do any research themselves. they ust believe whatever they hear. im still laughing about how right i was about global warming. {censored}ing hippies.

on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively) i had no idea i was that hipster. not to mention i used to be in band that was totally br00tz. we toured with he is legend for gosh sakes.

this was sort of retarded but fun.

• Members

coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily? yes

do you happen to own a macintosh computer by apple? i have five

Do you own a guitar that is a vintage no name brand, but you're so badass that you play it anyway? yes

do you own either an epiphone sheraton, a vintage fender, vox, or ampeg amp? i play either a sheraton or a 68 strat though my vintage Ac-30

Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion? sonic youth 4ever

Do you find Megan Fox unattractive? Yes

Do you name anything you own, such as your penis? my dick is named Frank White

Marijuana -- consume, sell, both? smoke joints all day

Greek mythology -- incorporated in any of your songs? yes

big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative? yes, and they dont even have lenses

Politics -- Left swaying? definitely

Vegetarian? to quote the Smiths,"meat is murder"

What is your favorite artist? all of them

Proponent of campaigns for helping the earth? yes

on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? (one being br00tz, ten being echodeluxe respectively) im an individual!

• Members

This was in orangesix's thread, but I'm expanding this to a larger scale.

Vegetarian?

1. Yes

2. No.

3. No. Would not either, unless it sounded good.

4. No, no, no and no. Would like to own the Fender and Vox, though.

5. Definitely no, and definitely no.

6. Apart from the tattoos, no.

7. No.

8. No, no, and no.

9. No.

10. Definitely not - I am short sighted and wear glasses (when I'm not wearing contacts, but big rims? :freak:

11. I like to think that I incorporate some of the elements of left-wing political philosophy, though in general, I am a traditional conservative. Edmund Burke for Prime Minister! :cop: (Yes)

12. Used to be.

13. I do not have one.

14. Yes.

15. Probably a 4? I'm not really a br00tz type. I love Dream Theater, and also rather like Opeth, but I also am a huge Pat Metheny fan. I'm divided pretty equally between two.

My result, please? :cop:

• Members

no. tea for me.
yes.
i do, but don't play it.
yes.
yes.
yes.
yes.
used to.
no.
yes and yes.
somewhat
Vegetarian?
vegan.
rothko
kind of, they never work
3-4

• Members

No

Yes a G5 for recording.

No, but I would if I had one that sounded good.

No, but I'd certainly dig a vintage fender or vox.

Flaming Lips (post clouds/soft bulletin era): Yes

Sonic Youth: Hell no

If I found Megan Fox unattractive my standards would have to be ridiculously high.

Nope.

Neither.

No.

I wear thick black rimmed glasses.

I'm so left swaying that it would make Rushfan dry heave.

Vegetarian?

I lean more carnivorous.

Who is your favorite artist?

Radiohead. For realz.

If I had money.

However I enjoy many things hipsters don't like; such as Coldplay, John Mayer, and Fergie.

• Members

Since when is owning Ampeg hipster-ish?

1) Maybe a cup a day.

2) No.

3) No.

4) Yes.

5) No.

6) Yes.

7) Yes. (Other people name said items, that counts, right?)

8) No.

9) No. (Norse Mythology once, as a joke.)

10) No.

11) Yes.

12) No.

13) Mono (Assuming you mean music artist.) Yusuke Nakamura (Assuming you mean visual artist) *All "favorites are subject to change at moments notice

14) Not really.

15) 5-ish?

You, my good friend, are not hipster, although you do have some characteristic hipster traits. You seem to not be a party whore, more of a silent type. You like reading autobiographies, in particular.

• Members
2 cups daily

I don't even have an ipod

Nope

Love my Sheraton

Don't even listen to 'em

Who?

My parents named me Jackson

Neither

Negative

My shades have no frames

I's rather watch bad vampire movies

Vegetarian?
Dju say steak?

The Beatles

I do my best to make things better in the long run, and encourage my friends to do the same. But I'm not marching in the parade.

Four...Cuz it's a nice even number.

You, my friend, are indie-r than a slovakian peddler. Hipster x 10. :thu:

• Members

coffee -- do you consume copious amounts daily? -
No, maybe one or two

{censored} yeah, MBP

No

Negative

Both great bands, but not of all time. Do hipsters really like Flaming Lips?

Who?

Not everything, although my penis's name is Steven.

Say no to drugs

Lord no

No

I guess

Vegetarian?
Not really, I like dove and squirrel meat

Don't you mean
who
is your favorite artist?

Only in my sleep

I'm about as hip as Bill Cosby

Good sir, you are indeed hipster, because you're so uncharacteristically hipster. You'd enjoy dressing up in baggy-ass pants, wearing nothing but a XXXXL white t-shirt, and a chain, cranking jazz fusion. Favorite pedals: Pitch Pirate, Keeler Push, Mad Professor Sweet Honey.

• Members

Is sonic youth/flaming lips considered one of the best bands of all time in your opinion? Sonic Youth, yes.

Do you find Megan Fox unattractive? I don't know who she is.

big rimmed glasses -- own any? What about ray bans or a deriviative? Yes.

Politics -- Left swaying? Slightly.

Vegetarian? {censored} no.

What is your favorite artist? MC Escher.

on a scale of 1-10 how hipster do you think you are? 11, this one goes to eleven.

Seriously, these questions are lame.

For quoting Spinal Tap, I'd have to say you're not hipster at all. Sorry Ice House, we have a new douche in town that we all love. :love:

Archived