New ZVex monster pedal - what IS it? Clues inside...

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

zac, you're making it sound like everyone is right... ;)

I see a multi-effect pedal... but when i see so many pots, i'm thinking frequency filter of some sort, like a murf, and the lower switches/pots make me think that you're also incorporating the gain stuff you do with your other pedals to augement the first part. then again, i have as many knobs on my mcintosh hi fi that just plays back records... so wtf to do i know? :p

• Members

With only two 1/4" jacks? I guess it would only be an A/ switch.

Well... I never said that the "B" signal had to be able to route to an amplifier... There might be someone out there that wants to be able to spontaneously redirect their signal through a handful of potentiometers for no particular reason whatsover? :p

An incredibly flexible killswitch? :idea:

• Members

I'm imagining a four track loop junky fed by two seek processors (trem + wah most likely, although ring would be a good option, too)

The first (pink) LED under the bottom row of pots lights when arming a 'track' for looping, each of the other four light exclusively to show which track is being armed, and also which track is being selected (using toggle switch to the right of the pots) for adjustment via the pots of loop speed/pitch or volume (toggle up to adjust speed, toggle down for volume adjustment)

The toggle to the left is a forward/reverse switch for loop playback

Maybe a function is in there somewhere for resampling the whole shebang or switching the signal flow from (seeks -> loopers) to (loopers -> seeks)

Send/return circuit for patching in another box, like a fuzz

CV in for controlling loop sample rate playback with a pedal......

Ta-da: Loop Factory

Can I has T-Shirt now plz?!11!!??????

• Members

zvex always seems to design his effect with minimalism in mind(in terms of circuit complexity to sound versatility ratio)

as proved by the simplicity but studio usefulness of the sho,fuzz factory, micro amp and so on.

maybe it's something like pure tube suggested a multi effect based on one (or a small group) effects circuits that can be utilized in different ways to produced different effects that are useful in the studio ?

Archived