New ZVex monster pedal - what IS it? Clues inside...

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

Maybe one of the controllers on the bottom part of the enclosure is a rotary switch.

I thought initially that the top part of the enclosure is upside down to allow the two parts to fit together (sloped sides), but after hearing about the knobs being removeable...

Maybe the top part of the enclosure is designed to be customised - remove or change potentiometers yourself. Modular.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe one of the controllers on the bottom part of the enclosure is a rotary switch.

I thought initially that the top part of the enclosure is upside down to allow the two parts to fit together (sloped sides), but after hearing about the knobs being removeable...

Maybe the top part of the enclosure is designed to be customised - remove or change potentiometers yourself. Modular.

earlier in the thread there was a picture of the top part open revealing a bread board (z took it down )

also there are pics of hex screws on the top surface so its certainly supposed to be removed

and there is also a pic on his photo bucket of a transformer next to the pedal (or something similar with 3 wires black, white and red)

• Members

OK, I just went through all twenty pages for nothing... no clear answer to this yet?

thanks for doing that more:thu:

well, hes only got a delay and a pitch/whammy left and he said before he didnt do modulation, although he loves the pearl ph44 phaser.

also he said he wouldnt do digital, so...

i dont think he would backtrack, so im guessing its a delay not a pitchthing

where you can control the volumes of the decay,maybe

• Members

earlier in the thread there was a picture of the top part open revealing a bread board (z took it down )

also there are pics of hex screws on the top surface so its certainly supposed to be removed

and there is also a pic on his photo bucket of a transformer next to the pedal (or something similar with 3 wires black, white and red)

May not mean much, but he said the hex screws are there as he couldn't fit anything more inside... but he did also say that the metal knobs were ideal since they would need to be removed from time to time... I dunno.

• Members

Zack, I am you from the future. I have come back in time to warn you that you must tell everyone what your, erm I mean our, monster pedal is. Unbeknownst to us, a young inventor is building a time machine at this very moment in time. However, he heard about our new unnamed pedal and the rumours that it too was a time traversing device. He now believed he had to work faster to beat us but in his haste to expedite the construction of his time machine, he made miscalculations in his timey whimey formula. The inaugural test launch resulted in a catastrophic space-time paradox and our reality merged with another alternate reality. In this merged reality, we are ruled by super intelligent walking dolphins (true story dude) who hunted humans for sport. Being the genius I am, sorry we are, I finally managed to perfect the time machine that has taken me back to this time, before the realities merged, so that I can bring you this warning. It is clear what you must do Zack, TELL EVERYBODY WHAT THE PEDAL IS! Save the world!

p.s. I know what you must be thinking, why doesn't the future you just say what it is? Trust me, I just can't, YOU MUST TELL EVERYBODY ZACK....NOW!

• Members

I think it's a add on processor for all his previous pedals which will now come with some sort of adapter built into them. The real new idea is the top bit, the bottom bit is the first pedal to have this new add on, which is also new. So 2 new things. He said it does everything.

Archived