May Machines: New gear thread

• Members

oh! i have a lemon 6400 Ultra that has always crashed, it's some error that's noted on some websites. anyone know how to make an OS disk for it? i remember i had a disk image for the latest OS, but the disk image was 1.44MB and my floppy disks only have 1.4MB of writable space so i never had success. i threw up my arms and bought Kontakt, but i'd love to get the 6400 working.

it came with a dozen or so sample CDs which i've never used.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Was there any reason in particular to pick up the Fantom, Wizard? I thought the Motif and Fantom were kinda the same thing...?

A cool thing to do is use a Fantom and Motif to create stacks/layers and/or harmonies and to also hard pan like sounds. The results can be very nice. I feel the Fantom and Motif sound much better together compared to a Fantom and/or Motif and a Triton/M3.

:thu:

• Members

From the thread on synths you've owned more than once (2-1/2 years ago):

Bought a PAiA 9700 modular...got disenchanted and sold it.

After four months I missed the 9700 so bought a second one.

After a few months I sold it...shipped out a week and a half ago.

I finally came to the conclusion that real analog with no patch memories just isn't for me.

Liar, liar pants on fire. Just got a third one off eBay last night.

4a35_1.JPG

Guest Anonymous
From the thread on
synths you've owned more than once
(2-1/2 years ago):

Liar, liar pants on fire
. Just got a
third
one off eBay last night.

4a35_1.JPG

See now. If you had all three it would be time to make some Supersaw sounds.

:D

• Members

Do you use tablecloth patterns to inspire your music?

I would feel good about this.

Maybe, instead of buying equipment, I will buy a nice tablecloth. At least I will still be buying. I will buy and buy.

• Members

i got a bunch of modular bits through today, new 6u case and a few more modules... it's funny how 12u x 84hp starts to look very impressive:thu:

also, for some inexplicable reason, touched by sound sent me two free bags of sweeties taped to the bubblewrap:confused:

goldbaren.jpg

Guest Anonymous
0ea4_1.JPG

Very nice. I was lookin' at this the first time it was auctioned. I'm going wait on one for now as I'm hoping to get something else this month.

:thu:

• Members
0ea4_1.JPG

The rub I've found is that it has no permanent memory. It keeps NOTHING if the power goes ~poof~ unless you've saved it to a Smart Media card or other external SCSI device.

Just got an external SCSI HD for my RS7000. It was cheaper than the Compact Flash to SCSI readers, but it is by no means brisk when it comes to saving and loading samples/styles or songs.

295676452_ykUM8-L.jpg

But it sure looks and sounds purty. :p

-bruce

• Members
The rub I've found is that it has no permanent memory. It keeps NOTHING if the power goes ~poof~ unless you've saved it to a Smart Media card or other external SCSI device.

Just got an external SCSI HD for my RS7000. It was cheaper than the Compact Flash to SCSI readers, but it is by no means brisk when it comes to saving and loading samples/styles or songs.

But it sure looks and sounds purty.
:p

-bruce

right - from my research you have to make sure you save to disk before you power off....but to me, this is not THAT different than most synths/samplers - you need to save your work, or else you lose it when you turn off the machine, or quit the program (if a softsynth). Apparently the rub here, though, is slow scsi communication.

• Members
i got a bunch of modular bits through today, new 6u case and a few more modules... it's funny how 12u x 84hp starts to look very impressive:thu:

also, for some inexplicable reason, touched by sound sent me two free bags of sweeties taped to the bubblewrap:confused:

goldbaren.jpg

Got exactly the same from TBS.
My experience:
Kiddies observe daddy open boxes and go wow.
Kiddies get sour because they did not get a present.
Daddy discovers sweeties and give them to kiddies.
Now kiddies are happy.

See, everyone's happy now at home - well almost - guess who is not :cop:

Archived