May Machines: New gear thread

• Members

A new month, a new gear thread. Tomorrow I pick up a Juno for parts to repair my own, and later I will win one of several auctions for a particular digital beastie on the 'Bay that I've been GASsing over for a while now.

Photos will be posted. :D

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I finally replaced my seven-year-old Sony DSC-F707 ...

image1rk7.jpg

... with this Nikon D300 ...

ishackimageia1ou5.jpg

The Sony was a nice camera (especially in the macro mode) and I'm going to keep using it as a video/audio recorder (as well as for stealthy "no click" photography ... ) I've made thousands and thousands of dollars with it ...

But this Nikon D300 is absolutely a dragonslayer ... even after having it just a few days, it's pretty hard not to take only the highest quality photos ... and its fast as f-ck ... turns on instantly ... the autofocus has 51 sensor points as well as color and 3D movement recognition ... unbelievable ... you can focus on a single bird in the sky and BAM, it's in focus ... basically, if you miss a shot, it's because YOU missed the shot ...

LIVE PREVIEW in the huge, 3" super-sharp LCD ... super-long battery life ...

I know this is sacrilege, but it's almost as much fun taking photos with this camera as it is playing my synths ...

• Members

On Sunday I won a Yamaha AN1x, now I just have to wait for the delivery man :mad:

I thought it had been delivered yesterday but as I was at work it had been taken to the parcel depot. So at 06:30 this morning I got up and went and camped outside the doors which opened at 07:00. At 07:10 they eventually opened. Did I get my an1x?

No, it was a delivery for the wife :eek:

Guest Anonymous

I was going to buy a 15" sub for my room but, this 18" was offered to me cheap. It might be a little over kill but hey, at least I can hear the 808 droppin' now.

:thu:

hpr181wxg1.jpg

• Members

Those D series Nikons are insane. I got my girlfriend (she has photographic aspirations) the D40 6mp model in a package w/a couple of lenses and a some tutorial DVDs. Just a starter pack. My mom got me a Coolpix a few years ago and I was a convert from Canon to Nikon. Metro, do you use a plethora of lenses or do you do a lot of footwork?

On the muzak tip...I think I needs me a used JP8080. Or you could just give me one reason to stay here.

• Members

Got a bunch of software for my work, including this:

motusymphonicinstrumentts0.jpg

I still want Ethno Instrument as well, but the above is more practical right now.

Most of the sounds are fantastic. A few quibbles: I wish the dinky piano had been left out and it's megabytes used for better solo strings and performance articulations. But really, for $240 you can't beat it with a stick. :)

• Members

sh2-front.jpg

sh2-left.jpg

sh2-center.jpg

sh2-right.jpg

The SH-2 is a natty little monosynth from 1978, I think? I suppose it was marketed as an affordable version of their SH-5 and System 100 synthesizers. The Roland sound from that time haunts me. So {censored}ing lush. I see a long and expensive habit coming on.

Archived