May Machines: New gear thread

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you all. It's not mine until I buy my parents out down the road of their down payment, but the mortgage is all mine and it's deeded in my name. WOOT.

Also, it's in an up-and-coming neighborhood in NW DC. Bought for $290K...the houses around it are selling in $400s with the depressed market. In about ten years, they predict I could get $750K for it.

YAY FORECLOSURES!

• Members

Ive got coming-

2 Telefunken M280 condenser mics (same as neumann km84s)- overpaid and I don't care!
1 SM7 dynamic mic
A wiebetech drive dock w/ firewire 800- AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! No more back up issues!
and
A small freezer for the studio cause its getting hot and I needs me some frozen treats!

Nothing synth but still awesome! Its been all about the mics lately. Just also got an RE20 and about to pull the trigger on a Royer 121. FUN!

Plus my pops got a new surround system and is giving me his pair of McIntosh speakers that in 1985 were $1500!!!!! I want to try some fun reamping through them- should be interesting!

I came home to a fed ex and UPS delivery notes- I wonder which 2 are here?:thu:

• Members
d-550.jpg

Ok so I went to pick up the JD-990 at the store that's closing down and sure enough, they slashed the price on the D-550... got it for 150 including tax. I shouldn't be buying it... but you can't beat that price. The rack ears are a bit bent and the unit is pretty scratched, but everything seems to work fine and that's what matters... The JD-990 is mint.

If I didn't have the NS5R I'd be a Roland fanboy...

• Members
GAS never ends! I'm going to pick up my JD-990 in an hour or so, and I've already got GAS again! I want a Korg Electribe EMX-1... VA... Phat bass.... Tubes!!!

Congrats on all your purchases! I may need you to give me a MIDI/module lesson one day. :thu:

• Members
Congrats on all your purchases! I may need you to give me a MIDI/module lesson one day.
:thu:

Thanks! So far all I had done was to hook up one module at a time to my A-80 in my studio. Now the first challenge is to learn to use all 4 (the A-80 will do it), and then to call patches directly from the A-80 (I'm told the A-80 will do it but it's supposed to be hard).

But for now... I just push buttons until stuff works :idea:

Archived