May Machines: New gear thread

• Members

So why the fascination over the Logan, Don? There are string machines aplenty, why this one?

Cause it's the best. It is a true polyphonic string machine! (Arp Solina for example isn't). And it sounds pretty close to Solina.

I know there are other string machines, that's why i have Arp Omni II. With these two i covered the area. I will also build one of these. Got the PCB and BBDs.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Cause it's the best. It is a true polyphonic string machine! (Arp Solina for example isn't). And it sounds pretty close to Solina.

I know there are other string machines, that's why i have Arp Omni II. With these two i covered the area. I will also build one of
these
. Got the PCB and BBDs.

Your awesome knows no limits, Mister Solaris. :thu: I heard his demos of the chorus, that's about as genuine as it gets.

• Members

Cause it's the best. It is a true polyphonic string machine! (Arp Solina for example isn't).

I believe ARP Solina is fully polyphonic. Some sites incorrectly list it as having 16 note polyphony, but it's divide-down = fully poly.

Does the Logan have any built-in chorus like the Solina?

• Members

I believe ARP Solina is fully polyphonic. Some sites incorrectly list it as having 16 note polyphony, but it's divide-down = fully poly.

Does the Logan have any built-in chorus like the Solina?

I might be wrong, but I thought that divide down wasn't the same as true polyphony, which entails a total architecture per voice - osc, filter, amp.

• Members

One of the finds ?

yeah, i also picked up a couple things from the estate of one of the world's most famous film composers, too, but don't have pictures yet... they had a mint Arp 2600 (orange 2601) for sale, it was pure joy to play and has been used on several huge films!

but the Rhodes was a regular garage sale item (posted on craigslist).

• Members

yeah, i also picked up a couple things from the estate of one of the world's most famous film composers, too, but don't have pictures yet... they had a mint Arp 2600 (orange 2601) for sale, it was pure joy to play and has been used on several huge films!

Goldsmith?

• Members

Too lazy to post the pictures:

dp/4, dp/4+, t-resonator, deltalab dl-2...

It was kind of a revelation - probably because I don't know {censored}, but I found that I actually enjoy the sound of the dp/4 more than some much more high end fx devices I've used. Those feedback loops you can get sound, well, positively analog, and the sound overall just seems to sit very well with my synths....so, like an idiot, I just ordered a + version also.

• Members

Too lazy to post the pictures:

dp/4, dp/4+, t-resonator, deltalab dl-2...

It was kind of a revelation - probably because I don't know {censored}, but I found that I actually enjoy the sound of the dp/4 more than some much more high end fx devices I've used. Those feedback loops you can get sound, well, positively analog, and the sound overall just seems to sit very well with my synths....so, like an idiot, I just ordered a + version also.

the dp/4s and similar ensoniq effects units sound great - the phaser has to be the best phaser ever

Archived