Best/most versatile dual od under $300?

LBOIV001

• Members

What would be (and I am asking only for opinions......what I mean by "THE BEST" is your own personal favorite and entirely subjective) dual overdrive pedal under $300?

I play a Godin LGXT, Laguna strat and beginners tele through a mesa boogie Electra Dyne. I want to be able to go from a slight crunch for chicken picking all the way to metal (using the second channel as a sustained and/or slightly compressed lead boost), in one pedal. Built-in compression would be a plus.

I really like the Visual Sound Route 66 with compression, but I don't feel the gain is high enough for me. The Keeley site says it does not mod these pedals, so what other options would there be?

• Members
Nova has a very diverse dual drive pedal.

OD / Distortion sides

od>dist

dist>od

cascade the two

presets

its worth taking a look at for sure.

Nova_Drive_Top.jpg

I've considered taking a look at that one. Just wish you had the option to run them with a 9v battery instead of having to use the adapter.

• Members

+1 for the ZIM.

VERY versatile, sounds awesome. Will get you some ace low gain semi-cleans, through mid-gains right up to 80s hard rock/metal tones with both channels on, but won't stretch to full on br00tz.

Voice control gives you a massive range of tones, and the cardswap option expands that even further.

• Members

I've considered taking a look at that one. Just wish you had the option to run them with a 9v battery instead of having to use the adapter.

I have a feeling it would eat batteries at a decent rate. While it is an analog drive the pedal itself is digitally controlled.

Besides, batteries are bad for the environment:cop:

• Members
V2_JH_large.png

If you like the Route 66, you'll love the Jekyll & Hyde. Jekyll side is the 808 clone just like the Route 66, and the Hyde side is a heavier distortion. It can handle metal if you want, too- I just don't like scooping mids in general.

I've been rocking one for the better part of ten years. I've got the original series grey pedal.

Alternately, the Double Trouble is essentially two of the Route 66 drive channels in the same box- cascadable.

Archived