Best budget analog delay.

Loobs

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone try those cheap analog delays on eBay, like the Johnson, Belcat, Biyang, etc... ???

I bought an Artec delay off ebay one time.

I don't remember if it was analog or not. (I think it claimed to be) but it wasn't too bad.

• Members

MemoryBoy might give you some trouble with the delay time, but it's probably your best bet for an awesome budget analog delay. I never really liked the Carbon Copy.

The De-7 has a glorious sounding echo mode, no modulation, but it sounds great.

But srsly, dump that {censored} and just get an Empress
:lol:

btw, will you be flipping the de7? I may be interested.

• Members

btw, will you be flipping the de7? I may be interested.

Maybe, between the band we have 3, so I might not keep it, it is a GREAT delay pedal, I love it. But I would also like a DOD 250, so hopefully I can flip the DE-7 for some DOD cash.

• Members

I've yet to own any of the malekko's, but I'd like to. Carbon copy is a good pedal but has some "clock noise" or whatever. Sounds like white noise. The memory boy kills the carbon copy, and you can get longer delay times out of it with an exp pedal, but it's almost as big as the retro sonic.

• Members

The repeats are really cool if you're into the more spacey decays. If you want more definition and not so much degradation, go for the AR20DL/XL.

Degradation is my middle name, son.

How much delay time is available on the Analog Man? I wish it wasn't so damn ugly.

• Members

Anybody who thinks the CC is a great sounding analog delay has never played a great one, IMO.

@me? For the record I said good. It (CC) worked well with my setup, just couldn't get past the noise. I've played plenty of great analog delays. I currently use a diamond ml2, and I'll probably never need another. The retro sonic is one of my favorites and makes me think this thread is a bit counter-intuitive (SP?).

Loobs, if you like degrading repeats, you should at least try to demo a memory boy with an exp pedal set to delay time. It's neat.

• Members

I would try the Memory Boy if you can't find used 600B. The inconsistency is the knock on the Boy/Toy - although I haven't heard too many negative things recently. I think my Toy is decent overall, I like it at least as much as my CC I had, probably more even. My delay time is quite good, does not oscillate.

If I could afford one, I'd get the ML2. That sounds so good in clips I've heard, but it's too big for your needs, and pricey. So yeah, try the Boy. Maybe demo one out live before you purchase?

IMO, the E600B is quite possibly the best small format analog delay ever made. Lots of delay time available, and just the perfect tone for my tastes... a great balance of detail and clarity and then progressive degradation as the repeats ring out.

Waaaay better than the CC IMHO.

From your list, I'd say 616, no contest. However, if you can find a used E600B... :love: :phil:

Archived