If i wanted a Fendery sound but was on a budget, what would you suggest?

• Members

Peavey Classic 30? what else is there out there?

bear in mind that old Fender amps are way less available and way more expensive than in the US.

i'm looking for 30/40 watts, 1x12" or 2x10".

i don't care how many channels it has, reverb would be nice but not essential.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

when I was in the sound training centre,the basement rehearsal rooms had a mountain of musican amps from the 70's & 80's,I went back for practice with the lads about a year ago and they'd all been replaced with marshall MG's :cry:

• Members

my musicman hd-130 is the most versatile amp i've ever used. it can go from twin reverb to doom. the trem is gorgeous. the bass response is ridiculous.

hot rod deluxes typically sound like {censored}, but i've played a couple good ones. most of the time the mid range is voiced oddly and the high end is brittle. they sound horrible when you crank the clean channel. most of the volume travel is in the first 10% of the knob. the reverb is decent when it works properly. contrary to how a lot of people feel about it, i don't mind the overdrive channel. i still can't believe that these sell for $600.

have you checked out pro juniors? they're fantastic little amps. i play one in a relatively loud band and can always hear myself over the drummer. they sound great overdriven as well.

Archived