Craziest Show/Concert You Have Been To?

hot_karl

• Members

some of the more memorable:

the Icarus Line @ a place called the Pic (now closed). Aaron Icarus tried to do a handstand on his half stack while playing and it collapsed, along with anything around it, off the back of the stage (very small, maybe 15x15, only a couple feet off the ground) and he lay in a crumpled mess with gear ontop of him, still playing. I think someone in the crowd (vey small, may 20 people, which seemed to piss off the band) caught a headstock in the face too..

or the red light sting/Dillinger escape plan/the locust @ a place called Mesa Luna, which was a full rme Greek restaurant that had all ages shows for a while in between dining hours. tiny place, {censored}ty sound, overpacked by a few hundred kids. either some of the locust came out naked wearing masks while DEP played, or the other way around, climbing support columns I into the rafters. this was either just before Greg joined DEP or right after, before he was on record.

actually most of the Mesa shows were crazy, which is why they got shut down. usually the red light sting + other ache records acts/the blood brothers/noise bands... usually really sweaty, smelly and bloody, {censored}ing floorpunchers...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pantera in 1994 - Far Beyond Driven tour at the Saltair in SLC. That {censored} was brutal.

Rage Against the Machine in 1996 - Evil Empire tour at a historical state penitentiary: riot police, barb wire fences, 20 foot stone walls, etc. Violent.

Strangest - I saw Danzig in like 2000 at a roller-skating rink. Weird....

• Members

I've seen a lot of Monotonix footy, I was supposed to check em out when they went to the Drunken Unicorn in my town about a month ago, but their lead singer broke his leg and they canceled a lot of the tour dates.

He broke his leg in FL. The DU show(we're playing there this Friday, btw) was {censored}ing nuts. They rocked that {censored} all the way into the cafe during their set.

• Members

Most violent was NIN and Bowie --- mosh pits were breaking out all over (even in the back) -- huge outdoor show and NO ONE was safe during the NIN set. Saw several people stumble by with mouthfuls of blood. Jeez.

Most {censored}ed up show was Parliment Funkadelic -- I literally saw four people vomit and three people hit the floor (passed out) -- One guy was screaming "I'm blind!!!" -- I left after about 3 1/2 hours and they weren't even thinking about slowing down. The Musicians were just taking shifts. That was a PARTY.

• Members

I saw Slipknot when I was about 16 and that was violent and dangerous as {censored}, lot of people were getting hurt, the whole place was just a huge 'pit' - more just like a huge brawl....you were only safe at the back (of the arena). I truly hate all that circle pit shirts-off macho lets-beat-the-{censored}-out-of-each-other crap you get at metal gigs.

• Members

ive been to a few mental shows

ill list them all, and some more crazy then others

36crazyfists - saw them in a tiny venue that was overcrowded and had 2 random pillars in the middle, so when the mosh pit was going on people were being chucked into them and was mental
machine head, arch enemy, trivium, stone sour- again the mosh was mental

kasabian - everyshow ive been to them (16) its just been insane jumping up and down all night and none stop partying

muse - crowd really going for it, mental, got crushed but awesome

placebo - huge fight at the front got more and more people involved the futher back it spread, good gig though

biffy clyro - simpl because the first support band were soo awful the got bottled off stage but then the band started chucking stuff into the crowd too, however bif were awesome

• Members

I saw Gwar in 91 at the Lost Horizon in Syracuse and it was sick with the blood and stuff everywhere.

I also saw Sonic Youth, The Boredoms, and John Spencer at Roseland in 93. At he end of the show J Masics came out while Eye Y, Mark Arm from Mudhoney and Thurston had a screaming match on stage. It ended with Thurston carrying Eye of stage. Total sonic mayhem!

• Members

Butthole Surfers, Pioughed Tour 1991-ish Gothic Theater Denver, CO. A large group of skin heads mixing it up with a large number of tripping freaks....multiple projection screens with sex change operations and concentration camp films....Gibby pouring lighter fluid on a cymbal and lighting it and bashing away on it sending flames 20 feet in the air...{censored} was nuts.

Saw that tour as well; awesome stuff... also, Motorhead played a place called the ballard firehouse here in Seattle & totally blew up the PA. That was cool... maybe not crazy or anything like that, but it was pretty damn cool...

• Members

Best show: The Walkmen, DCFC, and Modest Mouse at a huge outdoor......field here in chi, summer '04. smashed against the barrier,first time seein MM. it was rad.

Craziest Show: Chinese Stars and Daughters at the Fireside Bowl in '03. Fireside's a small, narrow place, mind you, and people were literally seizing and thrashing about on the floor. Then not long after that show, DEP came along and set the Firesides ceiling ON FIRE and now they dont really do shows any more haha

• Members

Pantera & Slayer back in the day when I lived in Florida...

Guys moshing/spinning with truck chains and padlocks on... bloodied people everywhere.. looked like a war zone. all the shows down there were nuts tho.. Florida metalheads r friggin crazy

Great shows too!

• Members

Metallica - 1989. I found out after the show that a big crowd marched to the nearest transit train and proceeded to rip out the interior of it and fire it out the windows onto the tracks behind them. Benchs, interior walls, those bars you hold onto all got fired out the windows that they had smashed out. It was nothing but a shell when they were finished.

It was the ...And Justice for All tour before they went soft with the Black Album. I was on the floor and it was {censored}ing crazy. The Cult opened up and got booed off the stage. It was definately a Metallica crowd.

Archived