Craziest Show/Concert You Have Been To?

hot_karl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Butthole Surfers, Pioughed Tour 1991-ish Gothic Theater Denver, CO. A large group of skin heads mixing it up with a large number of tripping freaks....multiple projection screens with sex change operations and concentration camp films....Gibby pouring lighter fluid on a cymbal and lighting it and bashing away on it sending flames 20 feet in the air...{censored} was nuts.

• Members

Hole at the Academy in NYC either late September or early October '94. It was their third or fourth show after Kurt died and I have never been to a more charged show. The band was {censored}ing amazing and the crowd insane. There were people who were pissed at Courtney and the emotions in the crowd and on the stage were raw and vital. Courtney came in to the crowd at the end of the show and was screaming and people were tearing her clothes. I also found forty bucks on the floor and went to Disco 2000 at Limelight got a couple of free drinks and smoked up with Dan the Naked Man so it was truly a memorable night.

• Members

The Fall of Troy at Bumbershoot 2006, in the exhibition hall... the energy was through the roof. They had insane stage presence. There were so many people there, it was hot as hell, I was getting involuntarily crowdsurfed, Thomas rode on my shoulders, there was a guy in a wheelchair being lifted up by the crowd, I accidentally grabbed a few titties, they played Ghostship. One of the best shows I've been to ever :thu:

• Members

Butthole Surfers, Pioughed Tour 1991-ish Gothic Theater Denver, CO. A large group of skin heads mixing it up with a large number of tripping freaks....multiple projection screens with sex change operations and concentration camp films....Gibby pouring lighter fluid on a cymbal and lighting it and bashing away on it sending flames 20 feet in the air...{censored} was nuts.

I saw them at the Ritz in NYC around then with Gwar opening up. I was high as a kite and the projections were doing my head in.

• Members

Coheed and Cambria - Warped Tour 07. They were the big band of the day. Everyone was there. In the first five minutes easily 20 crowd surfers went over me. It was ridiculous. At one point I ended up having to hold some dude over my head while I pulled some girl out from under him so she didn't get crushed.

• Members

Coheed and Cambria - Warped Tour 07. They were the big band of the day. Everyone was there. In the first five minutes easily 20 crowd surfers went over me. It was ridiculous. At one point I ended up having to hold some dude over my head while I pulled some girl out from under him so she didn't get crushed.

You're a hero

• Members

I went to Warped Tour '07 too, there was a riot in the campgrounds afterwards and several port-o-potties were set on fire

• Members

I have been to some metal shows where kids were doing cannonballs off the stage and a steady stream of kids came off the stage and either went into the crow or went climing along the walls over the crowd like spiderman. I have been to shows with a knee-height stage where everyone in the first 5 people was smashed down onto the stage. Some of the craziest shows have been shows that my bands have played just because of the nature of small shows put on by amateur promoters. A barn in Kentucky where my last band's singer was hanging from the rafters and tore one of them down accidentally is a highlight.

• Members

Definitely a Dillinger Escape Plan show a few years ago! They hit the stage, first song, first chord and the guitar player Ben instantly crashed into the crowd and moved in a big circle through the club from off from the left side of the stage and back on the stage on the right side. That was toooo sick! On top they did a {censored}load of other crazy things

• Members

probably my first 'proper' gig - Oasis (just after Morning Glory came out). i was young and got pretty close to the stage then the crowd was heaving so much i fell over a few times and thought i was going to die. i lost a shoe. found it later soaked in beer, sweat and piss.

was fun though.

• Members

Monotonix is sick!!! They're like the Stooges of our generation imo. I'd love to check them out live.

I find their music to be good, but it's not amazing... if you haven't seen them live you haven't experienced them, it was pretty nuts, they move around so much that even if you are at the back away from the mosh pit, they will crowd surf their gear over to right behind you and start playing on the bar, so all of a sudden you're right in the thick of it and there's nothin u can do about it.

• Members

Scariest/Craziest:

Dystopia, at Gilman, Berkeley circa 1999 (?)

By far the biggest, most violet pit I've ever been in. Nearly engulfed the entire place. Fists, feet and sweat.

Talk is Poison, Misson Records, SF 2000(?)

About 45 people, and one of the most raw, energetic hard-core punk bands I've ever seen stuffed in a 20' x 20' room with one way in. it was {censored}ing tight. I mean, physically tight. Then the pit broke out. I don't even know how it happened, as there was hardly standing room. I went outside after their set, and could wring the sweat out of my shirt and pants. {censored}ing awesome show.

Funniest/Most-Entertaining: Mudhoney, at 12 Galaxies, SF 2005(?)

Four or five songs in, they launch into Touch Me I'm Sick. The place lights up. Pit ensues and me and my friend are at the edge doing our best to keep the beer in our glasses. We see a guy with two pints of guiness and a tie-dyed shirt at the edge of the pit shouting to someone across the joint. His buddy couldn't hear him so there he went, at the first opening in the pit he goes marching through. Two steps in, four or five people collide with him as "Touch me i'm SICK!" echoes through the PA. Guiness, glass and groans erupt as the pit momentarily halts and the poor guy's face reflects panic and utter confusion. It seemed to happen in slow motion and its still a source of entertainment, five years later!

Archived