OT: I'm up for a $25K award... what should I buy if I win?

jhamnett

• Members

So, I'm up for a $25K fellowship with 9 other finalists that will be decided mid-April. No guarantees on whether or not I'll win, but they're looking for engineering grad students with interested outside engineering (aka... me).

So, what do I get if I win. Covered with Strats and HB guitars, have my effects sorted out fine, and have some nice amps: Ampeg VT-22, modded Fender Hot Rod DeVille, and a Marshall JTM-60.

In b4 Klon.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

heh, well, yeah, i figure even if you like teh amps you ahve now, might not hurt to look into the big boy versions with more resale value (in case you do change your mind)

and you may not have a ladyfriend now,but if you win you suddenly will have at least 1

• Members

heh, well, yeah, i figure even if you like teh amps you ahve now, might not hurt to look into the big boy versions with more resale value (in case you do change your mind)

and you may not have a ladyfriend now,but if you win you suddenly will have at least 1

Well, I have a few "seeds" out there, waiting to become plants.

Actually told a ladyfriend I wanted to be just friends recently... that sucked.

• Members

25 KLONS!!!!!

for the lulz.....

then sit on them for a few years, and turn them into $50k

profit!

Bobby, how was the "baby Plexi" you had? I'm thinking a JTM45/Plexi could be in my future.

Or maybe a Vintage Modern? Those look friggin sweet.

• Members

Bobby, how was the "baby Plexi" you had? I'm thinking a JTM45/Plexi could be in my future.

Or maybe a Vintage Modern? Those look friggin sweet.

the 2061x 20 watt head is NICE.....very nice!

louder than you might think......

i would get a handwired/PTP head of some kind rather than one of the complicated PC board amps.....plenty of amps to choose from, LOTS of boutique companies making marshall clones that are easy to service and mod....

• Members

25 KLONS!!!!!

for the lulz.....

then sit on them for a few years, and turn them into $50k

profit!

Actually, this isn't a half bad idea....

I'd find what's missing in your life? Still driving that '89 honda civic hatchback? New (actually used, but low mileage) Honda Fit. Still got a 19 inch CRT TV? Wait another year and pick up a 46inch LED LCD HDTV for a grand.

Actually, you're only going to have around $15K after taxes, and what you're doing now - counting your chickens before they hatch - is a really bad idea.

Down payment for house? It's actually a really good time to buy a house.

Archived