How Have Your pedals changed in the last year??

KjStrat62

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Added a memory boy, boost rvb, nova delay, SFT and a London fuzz. The boost rvb is not on my board because it's for home use and the London fuzz just doesn't do it for me, the SFT is on my board but hasnt worked it's way into any songs yet. The nova and memory boy see regular use and have replaced a cheap onerr digital delay.

First, I got a lot more. Then, I downsized significantly (still in the process).

Also, I stopped doing {censored} like this (I just love posting this photo):

298.jpg

• Members

Last year in August, it was this:
Benford Tele/Fender American Standard Strat > Barber LTD > EB Volume > Holy Grail > Carbon Copy > Ibanez DE7 > Korg DT-10... into this:
bunchostuff081.jpg
Not a bad amp, just not a great one.

Last year in October, it was this (DRASTIC changes/upgrades):
BoTBandrigpics001.jpg
BoTBandrigpics015.jpg
... yup, lots of money spent, but minus the Strat (sold it to help fund my girl's engagement ring, we've now been married since Feb 27th ;))

And now, fast forward to today, and it's this (and lots of changes in between):
IMG_4786.jpg

And the amp is much, MUCH better; one of the most amazing amps on the planet, IMO:
P1010377.jpg
(running into an Avatar open back 2x10 - about to add an Emperor 2x12)...

AND, add the most amazing guitar I've ever owned into the mix... :love::
AdamBdc180.jpg
AdamBdc190.jpg

And there ya have it!

I'm still wanting to add a G&L ASAT, and a Reverend Flatroc to the guitar collection; having 2 Benfords may not be enough either - guy makes INCREDIBLE playing and sounding guitars... and then I'll add another amp of some sort - probably a Burke or Matchless combo... and then as far as pedals are concerned - Subdecay Proteus, a phaser (w/ a really slow creep; for the slow parts of course ;)), POG2, and maybe a Screwdriver.

And that'll do it!

• Members

I change my setup on a daily/weekly basis depending on the band or studio situation I'm playing for, but I've found the core pedals typically stay the same..
My main dirt is my old Jekyll & Hyde, sometimes OCD or Rat or Keeley TS9, but the J&K stays where the others get swapped out or not used entirely.

Although, there's a ton of new things I've been eyeing for the holiday season to hopefully break onto the board by early next year...

• Members

I stop using TS's and started turning up more. I still use dirt pedals, but for unique tones, not cranked amp tones. With the exception of my Rat and fuzzfaceless Mk1, every dirt pedal I use I built myself.

I bounced around with different delays and now I've decided it's simpler just to use a DL4. I hardly ever do the cascading delays thing but I do like having a few different sounds at my feet, so it's a good fit.

Oh, and I've become a flanger whore in the last year. I've owned an original A/DA, a DOD 670, and a Ross (MXR clone), and borrowed an Electric Mistress, an Ibanez FL-305, and a Boss BF-2. With the exception of the BF-2, I want to take them all to bed with me. I just built this one yesterday:

73619_588874713639_44806472_33875854_716

• Members
298.jpg

I love this, way too much {censored} on there, but it's so awsome.

Let's see, I added a Pog2 and a Noise Swash, two pedals that have become really important to me. Swapped out the Frequency Analyzer for a Moog Mf102 for the added LFO and expression pedal control, it's also got me back into using tremolo sounds which I had moved away from for a couple years. Swapped out the Rat > Muff section with... different verions of the Muff and Rat. I used to use a Black Russian but it was starting to get a bit iffy so I got an Earthbound Audio Supercollider Beast which has been a huge upgrade having the oscillation stuff and added tone controls. My old Turbo Rat moved on for a Big Box RI that had some verious mods done it, but I'm thinking about trying something else out in its spot in the near future.

Other big changes, I stopped using five to six delays at once. Okay, I havn't really stopped doing that, but now I keep it down to two or three on the pedalboard. Also have stopped using the Small Stone as it's developed some issues, looking to get something along the lines of the Moog or 4ms at some point.

• Members

retired one of my DSD-2's and got a memory boy...

got a tuner pedal after 20 years without one...

got a supa charger after many years using a godlyke powerall...

Noew I want a new pedalboard, and get my CE-3 out and get a new chorus and a malekko or the new catalinbread delay to replace the memory boy...

• Members

Not much, really. I picked up a Boss HM-2. I also acquired an amp with footswitchable functions and therefore have a footswitch; that's about it. However, I'm graduating in a couple of weeks and the city where I studied has an Ikea in the city centre, which may mean that I pick up a pair of small Gorms for an alternate pedal setup. Should be good. :thu:

• Members

I build a complete new board this year. Exept for the '69/Semaphore, everything else is new. I still have and use my old board since it's with Mesa rig. When I bought my Fender Champ I bought a Dr. Scientist RRR then it took a couple months and BOOM! -> complete new board! :) So now I use two very different rigs betweens 3 of my bands/projets.

Mesa board:

Big_board_01.jpg

Dr.Z/Fender board:

PB_nov2010.jpg

• Members

I've been using fewer pedals. I used to have a Fuzz Face, a Tone Bender, a Prescription Electronics RX Overdrive, MXR Bass Octave, Digitech Whammy (when it worked...still need to fix the damn thing), Dano Tuna Melt and Cool Cat Vibe, EHX DMM, a DOD FX90 Analog delay, and a Premier 90 tube spring reverb.

Now, depending on which amp I use, I'll either have the RX Overdrive or the Tone Bender, the DMM, the Tuna Melt if I'm using an amp without built-in tremolo, and the Premier reverb if I'm using an amp without reverb. I've been using amp dirt a lot more and using the knobs on my guitars to control the sound. My playing style has changed pretty significantly, though, and having fewer pedals seems to work better for me.

However, I have a free-jazz duo in the works, and I may be adding more things back into my set-up, as well as building some noisier devices to play around with to make things interesting. We'll see.

Archived