Please rate all the Electro Harmonix mini pedals for me

zinzin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From the few i have tried the small stone, muff, lpb1 and memory toy have all been good at there job. The dr-q was fun but generally not very good, cool for drums, noise and loops as a filter but {censored} for guitars. The nano double muff should be good but I guess normal double muff rules apply.

• Members

Basically what's been said already....

The original Nano Clone I've heard nothing but bad things about. The Neo Clone on the other hand sounds pretty good on the PGS demo. Sounds quite flangery. The main reason I have for not considering it is that I would want a depth knob, instead of a switch.

The Nano Small Stone I've heard mixed reviews of, but most of the negatives if I recall were from people wanting it to sound like the big box, which it evidently doesn't.

The Screaming Bird and Mole are apparently awful, but I haven't actually tried or heard them.

I think I might have read that the Double Muff in 'single' mode sounds better than the Muff OD, but I bought my DM for less money than a new Muff OD anyway.

The Nano Soul Preacher is a decent compressor for the price, so I've been told....

And the Memory Toy has a few fans around here. If I recall some have said that the modulation isn't all that great, though.

Overall they seem to be really great units for the price...

• Members

I can't honestly say that I've been impressed with ANY of the Nano series.
Clone - sounds like your playing guitar in a tin bathroom.
Stone - there are way better cheap phasers out there than this. Barely resembles the original.
The delays are okay. Seems kind of hard to {censored} that circuit up for the most part.

The Metal Muff pales in comparison to its big boxed brother, as well as most of the Muffs.

Bassballs is seriously weak. but the Dr Q seems alright. Still not quite as good as the big guys tho.

The Grail sounds roughly the same.

Havent tried the Magnum, Steel Leather or Iron Lung, but I do wanna try the Iron Lung for the Vocoder fx.

What also turned me off with most of these pedals, beside the lack of tone, was the noise floor was fairly horrible. The second you stepped on them there is so much weird hiss or background noise.

I truly tried giving them all a shot. Mostly cuz I like EHX stuff a lot, and also because currently I would love to make a board with all my favorite EHX FX and not have it weigh 100lbs+ with giant pedals. That didnt become a reality because I couldnt get past the sounds they made. Not good, barely usable for live/studio tone sucking cheaply made disasters.

Guess for now I have to stick to my big boys..

• Members

, so i havent tried any of them. The only one that remotely interests me is The Freeze, but i dont bother since i use the HOG.

Of the XOs, i like the Memory Boy and the Germanium OD.

Same here . . . no nano love from my side !

BRING BACK THE BIG BOX FOLDED SHEET METAL EHX UNITS . . . thanx Mr EHX !!!

• Members

MEMORY TOY***

Just going to add that, although this one sounds really nice and has a really nice vibrato on it, it's a very finicky pedal and most people have had issues with their chips inside coming loose and the pedal stop working, myself included. Just be forewarned.

• Members

Same here . . . no nano love from my side !

BRING BACK THE BIG NOISY INCONSISTENT METAL EHX UNITS
. . . thanx Mr EHX !!!

christ.

Mike Matthews, if you're ever reading this, please carry on knocking out 2-3 genuinely original ideas a year and making exciting, affordable pedals

• Members

Just going to add that, although this one sounds really nice and has a really nice vibrato on it, it's a very finicky pedal and most people have had issues with their chips inside coming loose and the pedal stop working, myself included. Just be forewarned.

yeah I'd recommend buying new just in case you get a {censored}ty one

Archived