Please rate all the Electro Harmonix mini pedals for me

zinzin

• Members

bump someone answer my small stone question

if you don't have the big box to compare it to you should love the xo.

i had them both at the same time and with the xo i didn't like the sweep with the color switch up, it became pretty thin and trebley. my xo still had a volume drop, it wasn't a huge drop, but neither was the drop with my big box; they take up about the same room due to the jack location.

big box has more mojos.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just going to add that, although this one sounds really nice and has a really nice vibrato on it, it's a very finicky pedal and most people have had issues with their chips inside coming loose and the pedal stop working, myself included. Just be forewarned.

Does the Memory Boy have the same problem?

• Members

Does the Memory Boy have the same problem?

Some people seem to have good luck, some bad. People in warm climates seem to get less delay time, for example

If an IC gets unseated that's something a 3 year old could fix, nothing to worry about

• Members

Some people seem to have good luck, some bad. People in warm climates seem to get less delay time, for example

Reverse that actually. Cold temps reduce delay time. Mine has that issue, but once the unit warms up a while, it is fine. The manual says that a couple of minutes of warm up time is required, but depending how cold it is, some take longer than others.

• Members
Reverse that actually. Cold temps reduce delay time. Mine has that issue, but once the unit warms up a while, it is fine. The manual says that a couple of minutes of warm up time is required, but depending how cold it is, some take longer than others.

OIC

I like the sound of it warming up, actually :)

• Members

if you don't have the big box to compare it to you should love the xo.

i had them both at the same time and with the xo i didn't like the sweep with the color switch up, it became pretty thin and trebley. my xo still had a volume drop, it wasn't a huge drop, but neither was the drop with my big box; they take up about the same room due to the jack location.

big box has more mojos.

Yep, that was my experience too. Very ice-picky sweep on the Nano, the big box is full and warm.

Neo Clone is good stuff but yes, quite flangery and no depth knob put me off.

Soul Preacher is VERY squishy - not a subtle compressor by any means.

Stereo Pulsar has quite a volume drop and it's impossible to dial in any exacting rates - this made it pointless for both live and recording for me.

• Members

If an IC gets unseated that's something a 3 year old could fix, nothing to worry about

Well, the house I'm currently living in is definitely cold in the winter. .But I wouldn't mind waiting awhile for it to warm up.

• Members

Nano Holy Grail: A. No funky noise issues, no volume drop and it runs on a standard boss type 9v.

Little Big Muff: A. Good muff. I have no idea why people seem to not like it.

I'm not sure either. I really think people jack the gain too high and complain about it being too fizzy.

I just got a BMWTW and bypassing the tone switch is really something special. You have to add your bass back but when you do it is much tighter and not as muddy. Best EHX Muff's out there are the Tone Wicker and Little BM, IMO.

Archived