Bearfoot FX -- the new made in USA BJFe pedals with much nicer pricing....

Bobby D

• Members

oh - so D*A*M pedals need components that match. bjfe pedals don't. got it.

Pretty much. Biasing the transistors correctly is dependent on the individual HFE of each transistor, at least in the common emitter configuration found in Fuzz Faces, Tonebenders, etc. The HFE range of old manufacture germanium transistors is pretty wide and when you factor in that many are leaky you wind up spending quite a bit of time sorting through and then biasing/changing other values to accommodate for the change in bias/tone.

The operation of the BJFe stuff isn't dependent on the individual FETs or op amps. Firstly, they have a higher tolerance than old stock germanium transistors and secondly, the circuits they're used in aren't nearly as dependent on the characteristics of the individual components. As long as you use reasonable tolerance resistors and capacitors, you will get EXACTLY the same result every time without having to 'tune' each and every pedal.

That said, I think both are overpriced. At least they look pretty. :lol:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this was the first time Bobby had a boner in public on account of Bjorn's wares, you might have a point. Considering his longstanding track record of BJF exhibitionism however, I'm not sure you've got much ammo to back that fight.

• Members

If this was the first time Bobby had a boner in public on account of Bjorn's wares, you might have a point. Considering his longstanding track record of BJF exhibitionism however, I'm not sure you've got much ammo to back that fight.

Ammo to back that fight? He doesn't need to have been there every time anyone has ever said anything good about this particular company to smell blood in the water. Late to the party has nothing to do with it, if you can make a compelling argument, you are entitled to make it. This particular mother {censored}er had brought more ammo to the fight than anyone hitherto anyway.

• Members

Ammo to back that fight? He doesn't need to have been there every time anyone has ever said anything good about this particular company to smell blood in the water. Late to the party has nothing to do with it, if you can make a compelling argument, you are entitled to make it. This particular mother {censored}er had brought more ammo to the fight than anyone hitherto anyway.

So... you disagree? Okay. I don't really care anyway.

• Members

lol @ all the butthurt turds in this thread. who cares what people spend their money on? for the record i am broke and cannot afford bjfe pedals.

either you're jealous of the people buying them or the dude who makes them. it's so glaring i have to avert my eyes.

The same old forum kintergarden fights. If I'm not mistakin I'm supposed to ask you why you should care if someone wants to voice his opinion on supposedly overpriced boutique pedals. Then a couple more lovely posts back and forth, and then you'll call me a nazi, and then I'll call your mother a prostitute.

Glad we got that out of the way. Peace:)

• Members

A little OT, but I'm looking forward to SoulSonic FX's Folk Driver DIY kit. I'm not sure when it's going to be available though.

Nice demos by the way, Bobby D.
:rawk:

hey, i once emailed Martin C at soulsonic about the folk driver kit. he said he didn't have it but that he had some spare pcb's lying around, so as long as you can get the rest of the parts you could easily make it.

also, i believe there is a vero layout somewhere out there in the dark corners of the internet

but either way you should contact martin@soulsonicfx.com he's very helpful and could definitely point you in the right direction

• Members

Is he employed by Bearfoot FX?

Bobby D is NOT employed by Bearfoot. Hides-His-Eyes was just making the point that it's not okay to drink the boutique pedal maker koolaid. Unless you happen to be drinking the koolaid of D*A*M or of some other boutique pedal maker that Hides-His-Eyes enjoys drinking.

• Members

Bobby D is NOT employed by Bearfoot. Hides-His-Eyes was just making the point that it's not okay to drink the boutique pedal maker koolaid. Unless you happen to be drinking the koolaid of D*A*M or of some other boutique pedal maker that Hides-His-Eyes enjoys drinking.

I'm not a fan of DAM and I don't own any of their boxes. If I ever start a thread with a DAM demo that says "David Main asked the inventor of the tonebender where to get the best parts" just because I read that on his website when that's a load of crap, I IMPLORE you to call me out on it

Archived