Bearfoot FX -- the new made in USA BJFe pedals with much nicer pricing....

Bobby D

• Members

dig it!

bearfootfx.com

Donner has been working with Bjorn a long time, and Bjorn came over to teach him the circuits, helped him source all the parts, and the first two pedals being done are the Honeybee Overdrive and Dyna Red Distortion :love:

here's some Bobby D demos in full buttrawk mode with an '85 Charvel :thu:

Dyna Red:

[video=youtube;CvQRBk3e1xU]

and of course the venerable HONEYBEE:

[video=youtube;G7si3w7EZ7s]

and the good part -- made in USA for only $222, with no six month waits!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i am really hoping to see some of my BJFe faves released in this new line......SBEQ, PGC, CAF, AWF, SYOD......

some PCG compressors have been selling on ebay lately going over $800....insane!

while i do really dig the Mad Professor pedals, these new BearfootFX models capture the vibe and sound of BJFe better.

• Members

yea i sold my PGC in all the insanity and bought a HW MP FGC. donner said PGC's aren't coming to the line anytime soon. i ahm dissapoint.

i am really hoping to see some of my BJFe faves released in this new line......SBEQ, PGC, CAF, AWF, SYOD......

some PCG compressors have been selling on ebay lately going over $800....insane!

while i do really dig the Mad Professor pedals, these new BearfootFX models capture the vibe and sound of BJFe better.

• Members

yea i sold my PGC in all the insanity and bought a HW MP FGC. donner said PGC's aren't coming to the line anytime soon. i ahm dissapoint.

can't blame you....they are selling for nearly TRIPLE what they are new.

well...who knows what the future holds? the parts for the PGC may be hard to get.

i am really hoping for a Bearfoot CAF - the Candy Apple Fuzz is KILLER.....

• Members

I just got the Chicken soup. If it doesn't work out I'm defiantly checking out the Honey bee.

i liked that pedal a lot when i demoed it......basically a remake of the Nobels ODR-1 overdrive -- very good overdrive that is NOT a tube screamer. i dig it!

the honeybee is quite a different animal - more lows, more compression and sag. playing it thru nearly ANY clean amp, it turns the amp into a raggedy tweed deluxe that is cranked up all the way. for Alt Americana style music, i don't think there's a better overdrive....

• Members

i liked that pedal a lot when i demoed it......basically a remake of the Nobels ODR-1 overdrive -- very good overdrive that is NOT a tube screamer. i dig it!

the honeybee is quite a different animal - more lows, more compression and sag. playing it thru nearly ANY clean amp, it turns the amp into a raggedy tweed deluxe that is cranked up all the way. for Alt Americana style music, i don't think there's a better overdrive....

I love the ODR-1 just hated buffer in it. It was your demo of Chicken Soup that got me buy it. Plus Chris (Proprietor of Rocket) is form San Diego really nice guy.

• Members

ANYONE, even the experienced builders, would need help sourcing some of the parts for the BJFe pedals. Bjorns stuff is not tube screamers and fuzz faces.
:)

I tell you what, either back up your regurgitated marketing with examples or don't talk out your arse while your head is stuck in the sand

The most obscure I can find is 2n1306 NPN Ge and I found two suppliers in two minutes

CA3130 are not hard to get hold of by anyone's standards

The caps are WIMA FFS

If they sound good that's smashing but can we please stop swallowing marketing crap from the boutique guys

• Members

I tell you what, either back up your regurgitated marketing with examples or don't talk out your arse while your head is stuck in the sand

The most obscure I can find is 2n1306 NPN Ge and I found two suppliers in two minutes

The caps are WIMA FFS

If they sound good that's smashing but can we please stop swallowing marketing crap from the boutique guys

it's not just about the parts -- it's about how the parts work together, and finding efficient cost effective ways to source them in the USA.

Bjorn came here to spend time with Donner, to help him fine tune the circuits, make sure he could get the right parts, and teach him how to build them correctly.

if it's so easy, why don't you have an effects company that is known worldwide and has pedals selling for over a grand on ebay? :)

• Members

The caps are WIMA FFS

i hear what you're saying.. I can understand why Bjorn would want to come out to the US to check on local supplies, and make sure that all the components donner pick are perfect and sound comparable to his swede made BJFE's. i don't think it's necessarily a statement of incompetence on Donner's part - but more of Bjorn wanting to make sure that a Bearfoot DRD IS worthy of his name.

and i'm no salesman :)

• Members

it's not just about the parts -- it's about how the parts work together, and finding efficient cost effective ways to source them in the USA.

Bjorn came here to spend time with Donner, to help him fine tune the circuits, make sure he could get the right parts, and teach him how to build them correctly.

if it's so easy, why don't you have an effects company that is known worldwide and has pedals selling for over a grand on ebay?

Because I'm a full time student? Because when BJFE was founded I was 10 years old?

it's not just about the parts -- it's about how the parts work together,

You clearly don't know how pedals work but please don't try to fucking school me based on what some guy whose full time job is to sell pedals said to sell pedals

and finding efficient cost effective ways to source them in the USA.

How would Bjorn know how to source them in the USA?

• Members

i hear what you're saying.. I
can understand
why Bjorn would want to come out to the US to check on local supplies, and make sure that all the components donner pick are perfect and sound comparable to his swede made BJFE's. i don't think it's necessarily a statement of incompetence on Donner's part - but more of Bjorn wanting to make sure that a Bearfoot DRD
IS
worthy of his name.

and i'm no salesman

I can understand that he'd want to come and meet the guy too but that's no reason to turn it into such ridiculous hyperbole

Components aren't like fresh vegetables, they're made to within certain tolerances that are specified in the numbers

Most of the obscure ones literally only have one manufacturer, so there is no 'variation' whatsoever except the same that bjorn has to deal with

Archived