Paul McCartney Really is Dead....

companyman

• Members
BlackCarnation.jpg

On page 23, the Beatles are all wearing carnations, but Paul's is black while the other Beatles have red ones. Paul denied that the black carnation had any significance at all. As he explained in the Life article, "I was wearing a black flower because they ran out of red ones."

• Members

yeah, i read up on it when i was a teenager. it's a bit of fun, and some of the clues are a bit freaky, but most of them just make no sense when you use some good ol' critical thinking.

Yes, basically this.

I really have my doubts that the Beatles would have orchestrated that stuff quite that meticulously. But conspiracy is more interesting than reality I suppose...

• Members
I just watched this documentary streaming on Netflix, I am not easily swayed to conspiracy theories, but this was a fun what if....anyone see it?

Re: Thread Title: Don't {censored}ing do that so early in the morning! :mad:
I'm not fan of McCartney's current music but he is still a Beatle, and when he goes that will be a little bit more of rock-and-roll history/my childhood gone.

• Members

I had to write a position paper in high school and took the side that Paul was dead, even though I went to see him in concert during the writing of the paper. Most fun I ever had doing homework. My teacher got a big kick out of it, too.

• Members

It's a mockumentary meant for entertainment purposes; all you have to do is check out the film's website to confirm this -- a lot of "wink wink" type stuff.

Funny for a while but it gets a bit too much by the end of it, although there's some very interesting footage and history interspersed.

When was the real Paul supposed to have died? and how?

It's all in the "clues":

"Wednesday morning at five o'clock..." Supposedly on 9 November 1966.

"He blew his mind out in a car - he didn't notice that the lights had changed..."

It didn't happen. The accident that is referred to in the lyrics of A Day In The Life was the one that killed Guinness heir Tara Browne - it had nothing to do with McCartney.

what about all the pics/video's in the doc showing paul playing right handed guitar... that boggled me a bit

Like many left-handed players, McCartney is able to play to a degree right-handed. He can also play a guitar that is set up "right handed" upside down; the way Hendrix played. Many lefties learn to do one or the other (or both) at least to some degree because of the sheer number of right handed guitars in the world - its not like you're going to have a good chance of running into a left-handed guitar at a friend's party...

• Members

And of course, as this video shows, it's just the result of photography, and for whatever reason they didn't reverse the picture.

[video=youtube;RCiX2UfpW-k]

But what I find most silly about this is that these people think that

A) Either Paul's fatal car crash went completely unnoticed, by the authorities and civilians, or somehow absolutely nobody in the chain from cleaning up the accident to putting the body in the ground had ever heard of the Beatles. The latter of course relying on all funeral proceedings taking place with no attendees whatsoever, or a conspiracy from start to finish. And of course, where is the grave? Doesn't make much sense to me.

B) Despite the fact that there are no records whatsoever (and how could there not be?) of the incident, the car wreckage or the 'fatality', it's still plausible that it happened. Surely it's possible to trace the history of Paul McCartney's cars?

C) The Beatles, and the 'impersonator' could actually pull this off. The Beatles couldn't maintain civil relations or the band, let alone create a seamless transition between one of their vital members dying and a doppelganger replacing him, before placing subliminal messages in their music alluding to the 'death'.

And D) Most of the backmaskings sound nothing like what they are supposed to be saying. Though 'Paul is dead man; miss him miss him miss him' is quite creepy.

But in your opinion Phil, how many of them are (or could be) genuine backmaskings? A lot of them sound completely coincidental to me, but I know nothing of this stuff...

Archived