Paul McCartney Really is Dead....

companyman

I used to be really up on all of the "clues". I think he's alive and the "real" McCartney, although I am less certain about whether or not the Beatles intentionally planted "clues"; I think John, who was painfully honest about Beatles related topics later in life, would have admitted it if that had been the case (and he denied it), so it's unlikely the whole thing was intentional on their part, but the sheer amount of clues and the details of some of them makes it easy to believe at least some of it was set up... other "clues" are easily chalked up to coincidence (28IF - actually, Macca was 27 at the time...) or are really a stretch. IMHO, those who say Macca's output declined drastically in quality after his "demise" overlook some of the great things he did after '66; including post-Beatles releases like Band On The Run - "William Campbell" must have not only shared Macca's appearance, but his writing, vocal and multi-instrumental prowess. I've seen Macca live twice - and IMO, it was no impersonator.

• Members

Some of this stuff is quite funny, I'm gonna find that film :D

A number of conspiracy theorists have pointed to a strange image appears in the booklet of Magical Mystery Tour. On the left is the image as it appears in the booklet, but on the right is the image rotated ninety degree clockwise and blurred slightly.

MMTSkullBlur.jpg

With a little imagination you can see a skull in this picture. It occupies the left side of the picture, with the beret of the person seated at the table forming the eye and the hair of the woman seated next to him the mouth. Once you've accepted that this is a skull, it's easy to see the damage to the top of the head. This grisly image suggests the damage to Paul's head as a result of his car crash.

The poster that came with the white album has a number of odd images and of course came under the scrutiny of those looking for "Paul is dead" clues". In the lower right hand corner of the poster (page 7 of the CD booklet) is a picture of Paul dancing. When viewed closely, a pair of ghostly hands are reaching toward Paul from behind.

WhiteAlbumPosterGhostlyHands.jpg

• Members

Paul is dead clues. ^

Is this a joke web site? Everything that follows some variation of the word "suggesting" - in other words, everything that's attempting to lead the reader to interpret the object of inquiry - is just total nonsense. Love the vaguely academic touch of writing it as though narrating the mind of the reader. None of that "suggests" anything at all to me, there's no coherent picture that I personally draw from any of it and my brain revolts immediately at the blatant attempts to tug my thoughts around by the nose with that sort of weasel language.

"Here's another clue for you all - the walrus was Paul". - John on Glass Onion.

At the end of I Am The Walrus is a portion of the death scene from King Lear ("o, untimely death!" Act IV, Scene VI). There is no truth to the rumour that "walrus" means "death" or "corpse" in Greek though.

The walrus was apparently a reference to the walrus in Lewis Carrol's The Walrus And the Carpenter... but it wasn't until later that Lennon realized that the walrus was the villain; maybe that's what prompted the line in Glass Onion about the walrus being Paul (they were definitely having "issues" around that time), or maybe it was just a further attempt to throw people off when they tried to "analyze" his lyrics; which is something Lennon was actively and intentionally doing with some of his lyrics during this period.

There's also a villain connection with the portion of the dialog from King Lear that is audible at the end of I Am The Walrus:

Oswald: Slave, thou hast slain me. Villain, take my purse.

If ever thou wilt thrive, bury my body

And give the letters which you find'st about me

To Edmund, Earl of Gloucester. Seek him out

Upon the English party. O, untimely death!

Death! (He dies at this point)

Edgar: I know thee well: a serviceable villain, As duteous to the vices of thy mistress As badness would desire.

Gloucester: What, is he dead?

Edgar: Sit you down, father. Rest you.

Was that intentional? I doubt it... but it's fun for the conspiracy fans. :)

• Members

"AWAY IN THE SKY, beyond the clouds, live 4 or 5 Magicians. By casting WONDERFUL SPELLS they turn the Most Ordinary Coach Trip into a MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR. If you let yourself go, the Magicians will take you away to marvellous places.

Maybe YOU

Archived