N Robo'd PD!!!!!!!!!! (Pics)

• Members

I absolutely love the tone of my NOC3 Pure Drive. Had it for awhile now. It is the single best sounding AND most versatile OD pedal I've ever heard. I've never played one, but I just can't see the Timmy sounding that much better. This pedal absolutely kills, so much so that it almost depresses me that no one around here but me seems to have one. There's no way you wouldn't find a handful of extremely usable tones, no matter what your style. It just rocks. Anyhoo..

The white enclosure is so boring. Obviously, it doesn't really matter, but seeing as there's RoboPimp around offering up snazzy custom enclosures, I figured what the heck. PM'd him a few times, he came up with a design, I liked it, and my order was placed.

The enclosure arrived today, the gut swapping went very smoothly. He included a DC jack for free because the one that was in there was in there so that you had to clip wires to remove it, and he gave me on that's threaded so as to avoid that in the future... :cool:.

Well enough babbling, check it:

BEFORE: (the one in the middle that reads "Pure Drive")

DSCN0985.jpg

DURING:

DSCN1100.jpg

LOOKY!!!! Two swappable IC's and two internal trimpots which basically make the treble and bass parametric. Could you ask for more? (I could, but then it would be overkill)

DSCN1105.jpg

AFTER:

DSCN1106.jpg

DSCN1107.jpg

:D Pretty fancy, eh?

THANKS, ROBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

• Members

I like it! That's inspiring to do the same with some of my pedals...

Yeah, resonable prices, great communication, and the swap was fun. (if you like legos) I had to solder the new jack, and that went swimmingly despite me being a very meh solderer. I recommend it!

• Members

I really want to save up some money to have him rehouse my Vexter BOR in a hand-painted, dick and testicle themed enclosure. And I am 100% serious.

If you provide the enclosure I can definitely do that for you w/ all kinds of dick-and-ballness.

• Members

sexy :love: robo, how do you do these exactly? do you draw out hte design by hand on a matched size template thing, then somehow print it off on like a sticker paper or something? :confused: i never understood the science behind it but it looks hella cool, and sweet color!

• Members

You should go to Rat Shack and pick up one or two TL082 chips to try out since there's sockets. It's the chip in the OCD and in TS pedals it adds a nice Raunch! I'm not familiar w/ the NOC3, but I'd guess it could sound cool in there as well.

• Members

Thanks for the responses everyone! I wonder where Robo's at?

You should go to Rat Shack and pick up one or two TL082 chips to try out since there's sockets. It's the chip in the OCD and in TS pedals it adds a nice Raunch! I'm not familiar w/ the NOC3, but I'd guess it could sound cool in there as well.

Yeah, I may play around a little bit. If I do, it'll be out of sheer boredom as it sounds exactly like I want it to.

Archived