incoming NGD, should I put a black guard on this? and pickup suggestions!

zygoat

• Members

I think the black would make the guitar too dark. I like the white, or parchment. Mine was a MIM, if it didn't have the vintage frets I would have kept it. Wouldn't mind another one some day, but I ultimately did miss the neck pickup, I use it a fair amount lately.

HPIM2448.jpg

• Members

If you want it to sound like a tele, don't put a lil 59 in there. Try a bg-1400, or just any overwound tele pickup really, unless you want the hum cancellation. I like a single coil in my esquire
:idk:

I couldn't agree more. I've got 59's in my Tele. Full size in neck and lil'59 in the bridge. It sounds kinda like Les Paul w/mini's.

• Members

+1 for the mint white suggestion. A dirty yellow-ish white guard would add some awsome vintage mojo, black would just look akward.

I bought my 52 ri used, and it came with a 'lil 59 in the bridge. I'm gonna replace it with something more traditional, cause I want more of a classic tele tone, but the 'lil 59 sounds f*cking brutal impo. Fat and aggresive, but indeed not very telecaster-y. But I guess that's the whole point of putting a humbucker in there in the first place, right?

Archived