Suggest a low gain OD for me under $100....

companyman

• Members

I need a low gain OD that is touch sensitive and cleans up with guitar volume, stacks well with other dirt, sounds good with EL-84's and is inexpensive. I don't need a whole lot of gain, and am not sure, but a flat EQ is preferable. A challenge I know, but I need one...and I'm pretty broke these days.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah. And FWIW, I preferred the Blues Pro to the Blue Boy by quite a large margin.

If you're not into the TS thing, I'd suggest the Boss BD-2 or the Subdecay Liquid Sunshine. The Dano TOD gets some love too... but those boxes are ugly and ridiculous.

• Members

Have you checked out the Liquid Sunshine? I think those might go around a hundred used... but in all seriousness, if the Timmy didn't exist, I'd be using one of those.

Also, the Mad Professor Sweet Honey (CB) can be snagged used for $130 pretty easily. That's a nice lower gain pedal.

• Members

hmmm, details?

Apparently if you go to GC and they don't have the Pork Loin in stock you can ask them to get it special order (direct from the manufacturer?) and it comes up as like 70 bucks? I was so close to pulling the trigger but I haven't been in the area of my guitar center so I haven't tried.

• Members

Apparently if you go to GC and they don't have the Pork Loin in stock you can ask them to get it special order (direct from the manufacturer?) and it comes up as like 70 bucks? I was so close to pulling the trigger but I haven't been in the area of my guitar center so I haven't tried.

there is a GC not far from me, is this for real? I think I'd like to try a Way Huge pedal, never tried one before...they have EQ trims inside right?

• Members

This one is a great od/dist, on the mellower side it gets pretty good od, and can even be used as a boost, I compared it against a gat and it kicked the rat's ass on all the settings taht I tought the rat sounded good, plus it's got the saturated mod and independent bass/treble pots

Did I mention that they go for like 70 used?
Get it

• Members

I need a low gain OD that is touch sensitive and cleans up with guitar volume, stacks well with other dirt, sounds good with EL-84's and is inexpensive. I don't need a whole lot of gain, and am not sure, but a flat EQ is preferable. A challenge I know, but I need one...and I'm pretty broke these days.

Grab yourself a Danelectro Cool Cat Drive v1. Hits all of your requirements, and you can find it for about 30 bucks. 70 bucks left to blow on a matinee movie ticket.

If you can't find one of those, grab a Blues Driver. I don't like it quite as much, but it's pretty damn good and you can find it for about 45 bucks, easy.

• Members

Dude if you can get a Pork Loin you better get your little hands on one. Try the GC special order thing (you have to say "I'd like to special order a Pork Loin" etc), and if not just buy one used for like $100. Totally worth it, these things are {censored}ing awesome.

Archived