Suggest a low gain OD for me under $100....

companyman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a Liquid Sunshine in the For Sale section for $95.
:idk:

Link

hmmm, not so sure I like the sound of that, a bit brittle sounding...although the Bobby D demo was pretty good. It is hard to judge from youtube vids. In all honesty, I am not sure what I am looking for. I guess I am going down the OD rabbit hole.

• Members

hmmm, not so sure I like the sound of that, a bit brittle sounding...although the Bobby D demo was pretty good. It is hard to judge from youtube vids. In all honesty, I am not sure what I am looking for. I guess I am going down the OD rabbit hole.

you're playing mini buckers through the velocette right?

• Members

you're playing mini buckers through the velocette right?

yeah, well the Goldtone GA-15, essentially a Velocette. I am trying to go as inexpensive as possible also, I wish the DOD OD-250 didn't sound all flubby, cuz it was really cheap. I may just go Danelectro, but those switches drive me nuts when I am playing live.

• Members

MXR Distortion III

Boss, guys?
:facepalm:

I have a DIII on my board that is my longest standing pedal, 3 years now. I'm looking for something to put before the DIII with the distortion at 12:00 and the output around 11-12:00, so a medium crunch by most standards....I need the new pedal to retain a good clean quality but sort of connect the notes together a bit more, a touch sensitive slight smearing of the notes. It needs to stack well, I have had unpleasant experiences with TS-9's and the like in the past so....lol.

• Members

Do it. Liquid sunshine is not brittle, it is the fault of youtube.

Seriously, it's exactly what you're looking for.

• Members

I have a DIII on my board that is my longest standing pedal, 3 years now. I'm looking for something to put before the DIII with the distortion at 12:00 and the output around 11-12:00, so a medium crunch by most standards....I need the new pedal to retain a good clean quality but sort of connect the notes together a bit more, a touch sensitive slight smearing of the notes. It needs to stack well, I have had unpleasant experiences with TS-9's and the like in the past so....lol.

i love tubescreamers, but i hated them with the velocette. i'd go with a barber ltd. you probably don't have much headroom with those buckers anyway. the ltd will sound just like your clean tone with a touch of hair.

• Members

A clean boost would do that, no? The only one I had was the BBE and it did just that. Clear sound, too. :idk:

• Members

For $100 you could get yourself both a Dano Cool Cat Transparent OD and a Dano Cool Cat Drive (recommend v1 on both). That's smart money, right there.

seems more like sage advice if I imagine you as Alec Baldwin, so you are now him. In a smoking jacket, sipping Lagavulin and throwing darts at a bound and gag-balled Robopimp's tushie.

justfor_robo.jpg

Archived