OT: IT'S TIME... Who are you voting for ... ???

Diametro

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think we've beat this enough. No one is going to change anyone's mind here.

:deadhorse:

that is one of the big reasons why some people are very scared of us Transhumanists- we actually intend to be able to DIRECTLY and PHYSICALLY change your mind in a decade or two :thu:

we are tired of of hateful fearful humans runing around opressing and killing each other- so we will fix the problem at it's source-

after we release the nanocloud and you breathe in the limbic upgrades- you will finally understand where we technoshamanic progressives are coming from- whether you want to or not :wave:

• Members

Me and my wife are considering adoption down the road, it's something we've always talked about.

That's a wonderful thing to do.

But the way you make it sound, it sounds like nazi registration. Should we wear a mandatory badge too?

If abortion is outlawed, I would love to say to my MIL, "how would you like it if people who couldn't get abortions left their unwanted babies on your doorstep?" Heck, I'd be handing her address out in the maternity ward. ;)

Well I guess I know what you think about me, too
:wave:

You strike me as too intelligent to use only that issue when deciding on a candidate (note that I base that on the fact that you post on a synth forum). Do any real issues such as the economy, the environment, the war in Iraq, education (which those babies you save will need!) carry any weight as well?

Abortion tends to be a hot-button topic for me, for a number of reasons. One was my mom was/is a foster parent, so I got to experience more than my fair share of "unwanted" babies growing up. The other is my MIL, who seems to be universally wrong or at least clueless about everything. Actually Sarah Palin reminds me of my MIL in a lot of ways, which is why she makes my skin crawl. :)

From a political perspective, I think abortion should be a non-issue. Why? Because the president, Congress, etc. have more important things to discuss, such as the collapsing economy. Those who are against abortion don't have to have one. Those who are "for" abortion (well, actually, the CHOICE) aren't being forced to have them, but they at least have the option if it becomes necessary. Also, abortion tends to be an issue due to religion, and religion and politics rarely mix without exploding in one's face.

• Members

This is how you spread your misinformation.

A brain dead person is a person that clinically will never have brain activity. Clearly different from a baby, at any stage.

Sorry, you're just wrong

Let me put it this way, I haven't seen a fetus having any brain activity either! Before and after abortion! :wave:

• Members

that is one of the big reasons why some people are very scared of us Transhumanists- we actually intend to be able to DIRECTLY and PHYSICALLY change your mind in a decade or two
:thu:

we are tired of of hateful fearful humans runing around opressing and killing each other- so we will fix the problem at it's source-

after we release the nanocloud and you breathe in the limbic upgrades- you will finally understand where we technoshamanic progressives are coming from- whether you want to or not

Ah. I see. So, first allow me to don this totally fashionable tin-foil hat... That's better. :thu:

• Members

I get your point, CR. And we know, in our heart of hearts, that we will disagree, FUNDAMENTALLY, on many things.

But it's OK. That's what makes America great. We may each take a node of moral superiority for our viewpoints, but at the end of the day I have no more right than you to believe my views should be expressed into laws.

Actually, I disagree. The majority should not have the right to suppress minorities, or take away rights. the majority should not have the right to deny people (blacks, christians, muslims, jews, women, gays, etc) rights that they are born with and deserve. Of course, CR has the right to believe anything he wants, but there are fundamental differences between views which respect human rights and those that don't, and those which are based on logic and humanitarian reasoning and tradition, and those that are based on kneejerk readings of the bible.

• Members

that is one of the big reasons why some people are very scared of us Transhumanists- we actually intend to be able to DIRECTLY and PHYSICALLY change your mind in a decade or two

after we release the nanocloud and you breathe in the limbic upgrades- you will finally understand where we technoshamanic progressives are coming from- whether you want to or not

Good thing I believe in a God that is much greater than you. I'm seriously not afraid, dude :wave:

• Members

No... you're forcing your opinion on the aborted babies. 50 million of them by now, just in America.

Read carefully.

Your argument is that you consider abortion murder, and therefore want it outlawed. Fine.

Murder is bad.

Everyone here will agree with me that killing another person willfully is in fact murder and is bad and should be outlawed and punished.

And i'd wager that that goes for all cultures on earth, even though homicide might be "legitimate" in certain cultures under certain circumstances.

There really is no argument as to whether a murder is a murder - sometimes you can find borderline cases (self defense etc.), but i am sure that the world otherwise agrees on the fact that murder is what it is, and is considered bad.

No discussion, then.

The fact that a LOT of people seem to think that abortion is actually NOT murder might indicate that your personal stance on it is not universally accepted to be true (as it would be the case with homicide).

So why do you believe that you have the right to FORCE your beliefs unto others through legislation?

As it is now, you are free to mourn the 50 million foetuses and pray for their (and their parents) souls and impregnate your woman all you want - no one is interfering with that.

But your wish is to impose your beliefs on the actions of others, where these actions are NOT universally accepted to be wrong.

Oh, and since you don't seem to understand the concept of force:

If i had my way (which i fortunately for this planet don't have) i would legislate that every self confessed christian woman should have a forced abortion for every two pregnancies.

That, my phine pheathered phriend is force. When someone else dictates what you can, and cannot do with your life.

• Members

Good thing I believe in a God that is much greater than you. I'm seriously not afraid, dude

dude- your god compiled the replication OS :eek:

remember- 'he is a vengeful god" :thu:

and He has already stated up-front that those he takes to heaven are going to be genetically reprogrammed into his choir-bots forever

I was only talking about some upgrades!

• Members

It just shows the ACLU's agenda against christianity - like in that case in Kentucky when they had a Nativity scene removed and allowed all the other religion's holiday demonstrations to stay in place. They specifically target christianity in most cases.

It's probably because Christianity, as the dominant religion in this country, tends to be a bit more intertwined in government than others.

Let me know when you see city land erect a statue of Buddha or Vishnu, in other words. We'll see if the ACLU plays fair at that point.

• Members

Actually, I disagree. The majority should not have the right to suppress minorities, or take away rights. the majority should not have the right to deny people (blacks, christians, muslims, jews, women, gays, etc) rights that they are born with and deserve. Of course, CR has the right to believe anything he wants, but there are fundamental differences between views which respect human rights and those that don't, and those which are based on logic and humanitarian reasoning and tradition, and those that are based on kneejerk readings of the bible.

Oh come on, I was obviously being escapist in the guise of diplomacy. :lol:

• Members

There are many people that appear to have no brain activity even after being born. A lot of them become CEOs of large banks and insurance companies.

One thing I do believe is that God has a sense of humor. How else do you explain humans? ;)

• Members

Do any real issues such as the economy, the environment, the war in Iraq, education (which those babies you save will need!) carry any weight as well?

Of course I care a lot about these things, but I will be quite honest with you and open myself up to perhaps even more criticism by saying that there's no money in the world that can make up for just one single life. Much less for 50 million lives. So to me, that really stumps everything else. I'd rather be poor and in need all my life and know I saved one life, than to have all the money I could possibly imagine.

• Members

Can i have some of your acid please?

The stuff we get here isn't nearly as powerful....

• Members

unto others through legislation?

I'm not forcing anything. I'm voting. If I'm a minority as you say, then why do you fear me? :wave:

As long as I'm a minority, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. But if I'm in the majority, then democracy takes its course.

Do you agree with democracy? Yes? Or do you only want your opinion to be heard and not that of others?

• Members

Perfect example. the fact that I understand your words doesn't mean that your connection between ideas is logical. I give up now. People like you scare the living {censored} out of me.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Notice though, there's a difference between illogical and not fitting a logical system. I fit in a conservative, bible-based logical system but obviously I don't fit into your own logical system.

I disagree with you in pretty much everything non-synth related, but I don't think you're illogical. I try to understand where you're coming from and what your belief system is, even though I disagree with you. You are very, very coherent within your beliefs.

• Members

Do you agree with democracy? Yes? Or do you only want your opinion to be heard and not that of others?

The whole point of the bill of rights and the constitution is that *some* things are not subject to majority vote. The founding fathers understood that some constraints must be imposed on democracy to limit the absolute tyranny of the majority.

Of course, you can always amend the constitution if you can get enough support for your ideas but that's very hard to do for good reasons.

In the meantime the Republicans cynically lead the ignorant South around by the nose with these phony wedge issues while bleeding the middle and lower class dry financially. It's almost funny.

I expect better birth control technology will eventually make this issue moot though.

• Members

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Notice though, there's a difference between illogical and not fitting a logical system. I fit in a conservative, bible-based logical system but obviously I don't fit into your own logical system.

Logic is objective and based on universal formal systems and mathematical proofs and not subject to point of view http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic

again this is not a debate- this is simply the misuse of terms inappropriately applied to objective concepts