OT: IT'S TIME... Who are you voting for ... ???

Diametro

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, in general, mine too - though he's a bit of a "philisophical mechanic" and I find myself leaning more towards the metaphysics of Spinoza these days.
:lol:

You should check out Schrodinger's philosophical books then. German philosophy unified with Vedic metaphysics. I wish he had spent more time fleshing out his philosophy... but then I guess you can't fault him for seminal contributions to quantum physics.

-D

• Members

His argument is that the bible doesn't say something that it actually says, or that it says it but it's not relevant.

no- I am saying that is says one thing in some places and contradicts that in others- often in the same book! especially in the Epistles which alternately talk about universal salvation in one breath and in the next condemn the Roman's men/women/children to the Pit of Abaddon whether they repent or not- roman sins are not to be forgiven even under the New Covenant [and who could blame the early christians?]

so the ONLY factor that matters is HOW and WHAT parts of the bible mankind has promoted in history- and the ideals of alms giving and brotherhood of all men and clean-slate redemption in the new Covenant don't even appear outside of Gnostic cults in any meaningful way until after Luther-

most christians in history would call your interpretation of those selective passages you call New Covenant antichrist heresy!

• Members

no- I am saying that is says one thing in some places and contradicts that in others- often in the same book!
especially
in the Epistles which alternately talk about universal salvation in one breath and in the next condemn the Roman's men/women/children to the Pit of Abaddon

so the ONLY factor that matters is HOW and WHAT parts of the bible mankind has promoted in history- and the ideals of alms giving and brotherhood of all men and clean-slate redemption in the new Covenant don't even appear outside of Gnostic cults in any meaningful way until after Luther-

most christians in history would call the New Covenant antichrist heresy!

Sorry, you are just completely wrong, especially that last sentence. But whatever I say won't be considered anyway, so I won't bother. You go read the letter to the Hebrews, which has always been accepted by the church and never been considered heretical, and then you draw your own conclusions. I mean, even the catholic theology has always considered the new covenant to be valid throughout the centuries, they just added stuff to it (works and means of grace such as the 7 sacraments, prayers to the saints, purgatory, etc). Rejection of the new covenant was never a problem with the catholic church, and it certainly wasn't something that Luther had to point out. That the new covenant was faith-only and not faith+works though, that was Luther's main point. Also, read about the Church Fathers of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd century like Ignatius, Irenaeus, Tertullian, Jerome, St Augustine and so many others, and you'll see the New Covenant throughout their writings.

You are just so wrong and so far out I'm not even gonna argue anymore. You refuse to accept that we christians read the bible and believe it, apparently - hence you disconsidering all it says about new covenant, and trying to convince me it's irrelevant :rolleyes: I suspect that's a constant thing with you, though. You're one of those guys that I'm afraid I'm gonna hear about in the news someday, and not for good reasons.

• Members

.... You're one of those guys that I'm afraid I'm gonna hear about in the news someday, and not for good reasons.

You know, I just have to say that I think that this is totally uncalled for. I see this over and over again with you - you claim to have this personal relationship with god, yet you are one of the meanest people on this forum.

• Members

You should check out Schrodinger's philosophical books then. German philosophy unified with Vedic metaphysics. I wish he had spent more time fleshing out his philosophy... but then I guess you can't fault him for seminal contributions to quantum physics.

-D

I say the reason why Schr

• Members

You know, I just have to say that I think that this is totally uncalled for. I see this over and over again with you - you claim to have this personal relationship with god, yet you are one of the meanest people on this forum.

Sizzle is the same. When the arguments run out the accusations start. I guess that goes hand in hand with his hypocritical lifestyle.

• Members

I see it more like a warning... the guy seems to be living in his own little world...

Like I've said before, I have peace with God, but I don't claim to be better than anyone or to have ceased from making mistakes. My family and friends say I'm much less mean than I used to be. Whatever that means... :facepalm:

If it was offensive, I apologize and take that back.

• Members

You're one of those guys that I'm afraid I'm gonna hear about in the news someday, and not for good reasons.

yeah- one of these days I am going to get my picture in the paper when my Xenosaga Cosplay rips and my ass falls out in public-:blah:

I'm a blogosphere geek- not a dangerous heretic- my crime is READING TOO MUCH

• Members

I see it more like a warning... the guy seems to be living in his own little world...

Like I've said before, I have peace with God, but I don't claim to be better than anyone or to have ceased from making mistakes. My family and friends say I'm much less mean than I used to be. Whatever that means...
:facepalm:
If it was offensive, I apologize and take that back.

FWIW, I disagree with you, but I don't think you're mean. Perhaps a bit fervent at times, though. Certainly many people are on both sides of the spectrum.

-D

• Members

yeah- one of these days I am going to get my picture in the paper when my Xenosaga Cosplay rips and my ass falls out in public-
:blah:

by the way- I am a 6'3" 350 lb

I was gonna try to make light of this and say, "proof there is no god", but now I dunno... is that stepping over the line?

Oh wait... {censored}.

(I keed. You know I keed, right? right? :poke: Besides, it fits in the whole godless-setAI thing here... oh never mind)

• Members

I was gonna try to make light of this and say, "proof there is no god", but now I dunno... is that stepping over the line?

Oh wait... {censored}.

(I keed. You know I keed, right? right? :poke: Besides, it fits in the whole godless-setAI thing here... oh never mind)

and I have moobs