OT: IT'S TIME... Who are you voting for ... ???

Diametro

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So why the Biblical change of heart?

Do you want to talk theology? We're really going off topic now :)

So here's a spoiler: if you don't want to read about christianity, skip this post.

Basically, Deuteronomy is the law specific to the country of Israel, a country that God had built up from a man called Abraham and his descendants. It was to become an environment where Jesus would be born, so it had to be a very strict society and couldn't pollute itself with idols the way all the other countries did - in fact Israel did pollute itself, but there was always a remnant every generation that kept themselves pure. The unusual and heavy punishments in Deuteronomy were because Jesus had not come yet and died on the cross to not only forgive sins (which were symbolized by the sacrifices but not really paid for yet). He came also to restore a person's body, soul and mind from a state of sinfulness to a state of righteousness. In other words, having faith you're not just forgiven - you really can have a fresh start in live and be healed from all sorts of emotional and sometimes even physical problems.

After Jesus, we are in something the bible calls "the dispensation of grace". Before him, it was "the dispensation of the law". They didn't have Jesus to come and be permanently present inside of them, but now when we accept him as Lord and Savior we do. And I already know how those who don't believe in this think it's ridiculous, you don't have to say it. According to the bible, with Jesus there is a chance of reconciliation and restoration to anyone who is deep into/captive to sin, while before, things would only go downhill from where the person was. Now, by faith, "all things are possible", because Jesus was ressurrected and was given authority over everything, and he governs through the prayers of his people. When his people pray, the world gets better... when they don't, it just goes on its normal course downhill.

Anyway, that is the difference between the two dispensations (or ages).

• Members

Bible was written by man.

• Man is made by 5 imperfect senses connected to a brain (which is imperfect too, forgets stuff and makes mistakes).

:cop:

Nothing against religion. But these above are the facts.

Written by man, breathed by God who used man to write what he wanted written - is what the bible itself claims to be, and I believe it. Anyway, that is something neither of us can prove or disprove, that's why it's called faith.

• Members

I don't think i thave condemned you - however, i do not hide that fact that i do not like religious people that want to force (yes, that word again) me to live according to their beliefs.

If you call voting "the force", what are you planning to do to take away my right to vote? Nothing? I thought so.

I guess voting is more powerful than I thought, isn't it? :thu:

In these religious dicussions most of you christians always ask atheists to prove that there is no god, now i am asking you to prove that there are not many gods.

I mean, if there is one, why not many?

Could the Hindus be right?

LOL

That's like asking me to answer in court for my mom or my sister - no law requires that. Just because God is my Father, it doesn't mean I'm him. He can answer the question himself, when he pleases, and whichever way he pleases. Hint: he promised to show himself to anyone who seeks him with their whole heart. That's how I met him.

IF there is in fact another human, and FYI that is not an universally accepted fact, but rather you expressing your beliefs.

You're saying there's proof that an unborn is not a human being?

No, YOU do it.

• Members

Then you missed the book of Hebrews, among many others.

the language- not the Epistle! :rolleyes:

BTW- you seem to miss that the Bible says NOTHING against abortion and specifically defines the start of life as the the first breath of a newborn baby

but the Bible DOES say this about children in general:

* Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones.

* Deuteronomy 2:34 utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones.

* Deuteronomy 28:53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.

* I Samuel 15:3 slay both man and woman, infant and suckling.

* 2 Kings 8:12 dash their children, and rip up their women with child.

* 2 Kings 15:16 all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.

* Isaiah 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled and their wives ravished.

* Isaiah 13:18 They shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

* Lamentations 2:20 Shall the women eat their fruit, and children.

* Ezekiel 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children.

* Hosea 9:14 give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.

* Hosea 13:16 their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

*Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

• Members

So, in effect, the old testament had to be stricter because there was no opportunity of salvation at that time?

There was an oportunity for salvation based on the things you did. And if you screwed up big time (murder, adultery - things that involved people being bound to these sins), there would be no way back. Now through faith, anyone can be saved. It's said even Napoleon believed at the end of his life.

• Members

the language- not the Epistle!
:rolleyes:

BTW- you seem to miss that the Bible says NOTHING against abortion and specifically defines the start of life as the the first breath of a newborn baby

but the Bible DOES say this about children in general:

* Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones.

* Deuteronomy 2:34 utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones.

* Deuteronomy 28:53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.

* I Samuel 15:3 slay both man and woman, infant and suckling.

* 2 Kings 8:12 dash their children, and rip up their women with child.

* 2 Kings 15:16 all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.

* Isaiah 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled and their wives ravished.

* Isaiah 13:18 They shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

* Lamentations 2:20 Shall the women eat their fruit, and children.

* Ezekiel 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children.

* Hosea 9:14 give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.

* Hosea 13:16 their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

*Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

You are being intellectually dishonest.

First of all, some of these things were told to specific people at specific times of war, they were not commandments. Lots are warnings (the prophets and psalms). You're completely taking phrases out of their context.

Second because I already said that the new covenant substituted the old covenant and you did not present a single text from the new covenant (aka new testament).

Third because I gave you one book of the bible (Letter to the Hebrews) where the new covenant and its substitution of the old covenant is extensively detailed, and you just chose to ignore it.

If that's not being intellectually dishonest in a conversation, i don't know what is.

• Members

You are being intellectually dishonest.

new covenant my ass! I am sorry but the scrawled inconsistent writings of a few Judean cultists trying to mount an insurgency against the Roman occupiers

does not simply wash away over 4000 years of established Semitic Doctrine-

you christians have no problem in bringing back Old Covenant ways when it suits you- such as when you enslaved my ancestors for 400 years based on Ham taking a peek at his dad's wing-wang- aaaall the way back in Genesis- bitch :p

and samplers>VCO>DCO

• Members

If you call voting "the force", what are you planning to do to take away my right to vote? Nothing? I thought so.

I guess voting is more powerful than I thought, isn't it?
:thu:

You are rambling now.

You're saying there's proof that an unborn is not a human being?

Nowhere did i speak of proof. Only that abortion is unlike murder because there actually are different views of it.

LOL

That's like asking me to answer in court for my mom or my sister - no law requires that. Just because God is my Father, it doesn't mean I'm him. He can answer the question himself, when he pleases, and whichever way he pleases. Hint: he promised to show himself to anyone who seeks him with their whole heart. That's how I met him.

Have you never ever in a discussion asked an atheist to prove that there is no god?

And if you haven't - have you ever noticed that other christians do ask atheists that ridiculous question (especially in these stupid internet debates)?

As for your meeting god, fair enough - water to wine, parting seas, resurrections... i guess it goes with the religion :D

• Members

new covenant my ass! I am sorry but the scrawled inconsistent writings of a few Judean cultists trying to mount an insurgency against the Roman occupiers

does not simply wash away over 4000 years of established Semitic Doctrine-

you christians have no problem in bring back Old Covenant ways when it suits you- such as when you enslaved my ancestors for 400 years based on Ham taking a peek at his dad's wing-wang- aaaall the way back in Genesis- bitch
:p

I'm not making anything up. Go read the letter to the Hebrews, apparently you haven't, or maybe you were reading a language you didn't really understand?

btw - slavery is not condoned in the bible. It was a part of society in the old covenant times so it was described and even legislated in the case of the country of Israel. But it wasn't encouraged.

And also, I haven't enslaved anyone nor would I ever have the intention to. So I don't know why you're throwing this at me.

• Members

I'm not making anything up. Go read the letter to the Hebrews, apparently you haven't, or maybe you were reading a language you didn't really understand?

I have written more essays on the Epistles than you have had hot dinners- let alone READ them- I actually have a BA in comparative religion among others- you are barking up the wrong tree if you are trying to paint me as misrepresenting or misunderstanding the Bible