New J Mascis Jazzmaster...

moqi

• Members

There's nothing wrong with Basswood. If the construction and pickups are ok then wood choice shouldn't matter too much. Besides, most Dinosaur Jr is fuzzy pop so the neutral character of Basswood should suit Dinosaur Jr's music just fine.

that's a very good point about Dinosaur jr.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy balls, is that some off-the-fretboard thumb-bending action on the low E in that first picture or is his action unplayably high?! I heard he liked it high but seriously...

I think thats the string in motion.... not the action

• Members

I look forward to this. Hope it's MIM Fender and not Squier, though. Not to say one means better quality than the other, per se, but I'll be honest in saying I'd rather shell out a couple extra bucks to have a thinner finish and Fender printed on the headstock.

• Members

From an interview:

"How sweet is it to have your own signature guitar, could you tell me about your signature Jazzmaster guitars?"

Mascis: "I could have as much or little (input) as I want I think. I didn

• Members

hmm nearly $600 for a squier because it has that flounder's name attached to it?
:lol:

fender is learning indeed.

Not 100% but the Euro price in these parts of the world tend to be the same price in $ in the states, I reckon it'll street price for around $400

edit: should read further before opening mouth.

• Members

Can you elaborate?

I was really impressed by the Blacktop and Squier JMs; moreso than with the Classic Player--or is that Classic Vibe? The Mexican one. -E

the right shape, anyway. I mean the blacktop has, for reasons best known to fender themselves, got a horrible looking humbucker in the bridge.

Archived