How to get rid of the smell of smoke on my pedals?

Deadm1r

• Members

I bought a factory stereo replacement for my SUV because it had an Aux input, and it wreaked of smoke. I think I just cleaned everything on the outside, and gave a good dose of Lysol..never smelled like smoke ever since...

• Members

I was a smoker that recently quit about a month or so ago, and I used to get disgusted if I bought something and it smelled like they used it as a G-d dmaned ashtray. I smoked on and off for 15 years and I never had a smoker's smell.

• Members

You never, ever take them out of your bedroom and never play gigs. That's how.

indeed......one more complaint from someone that something "smells like smoke" i am gonna SNAP!!!!

if you do GIGS, stuff is gonna smell like BARS.

you want it to smell new? then BUY NEW :)

• Members

serious answer? clean the exterior with a damp rag, open the pedal & place by an open window for a few days and let it air out. then just use it normally; the smell will take maybe a couple of months to go naturally but it will go. it's not like it's fabric or something that will hold the smell in.

• Members

I got smoke off some used headphones by using Vinegar and Baking powder. Google it, that's what people recommend, it does work. The baking powder does most of it, comes off easy.

Vinegar will leave it smelling like salad, but that just wears off, and even if it still smells like smoke, after these treatments it too, will wear off totally.

• Members

Used dryer sheets

^this.

but you want to take an empty paper towel tube, stuff it full of them, and then daisy up your pedals and send the signal to the cardboard tube. DO NOT PUT THE DRYER SHEETS IN THE HEATING UNIT IN THE ROOM - IT IS EFFECTIVE BUT WILL NOT BE GOOD ENOUGH.

Archived