What pedal have you owned the most times?

companyman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i have had 4 or 5 fulltone fulldrives over the years. also quite a few Arion SCH-01 chorus pedals. several BOSS Dimension C pedals. went thru at least 6 EHX small clone pedals in the 80s. several MXR Phase 90s over the years. and one horseyman Klon ;) once was enough!

• Members

Bought a Fuzz Factory, hated it. Then I decided I need that nasty sound and bought a used Vexter version. Wished I would have kept that early hand painted one.

Also, I've bought 3 or 4 Boss GT-3's. I keep in a box in case one fails, I have backups.

• Members

3 Maxon AD9's..... First one was great, second one was mehhh.... love the one I have now, this one is staying. Theyre kind of pricey, and I snagged them for good deals, and used them favourably in trades, always draws good interest. I also owned 3 SD-1 way back in the day. One crapped out, the other was fine, and the third was a backup.

oddly, I have never owned a TS of any kind, weird.

Ever tried one? There's a reason why it's one of the most copied pedals -- it works great as a semi-clean boost (crank the level, lower the drive) and as a OD (reverse that). Yeah, it has a mid boost, but with some amps (Fenders) and in a band situation (where it helps you cut through the mix), that's not always a bad thing. It's a pretty classic pedal design, and there's no shortage of pedals that were influenced by it out there, if not downright clones of it...

• Members

Ever tried one? There's a reason why it's one of the most copied pedals -- it works great as a semi-clean boost (crank the level, lower the drive) and as a OD (reverse that). Yeah, it has a mid boost, but with some amps (Fenders) and in a band situation (where it helps you cut through the mix), that's not always a bad thing. It's a pretty classic pedal design, and there's no shortage of pedals that were influenced by it out there, if not downright clones of it...

I have played TS-9's in music shops, I always hated the way the bottom end drops out when you switch it on. For years I was playing Orange and Goldtone amps that already had a ton of midrange, the TS-9 sounded awful with them.

• Members

It seems odd, but the only three pedals I can think of that I've owned multiple times are:

1. the Boss BF-2 (I actually just traded the last one I had)
2. the Danelectro Daddy-O (which I modded this time around but am still thinking of offloading...)
3. the Boss DD-3. I wish I hadn't needed to sell the second. It's such a useful and versatile pedal. Everyone should have one.

Weird pedals to think of owning pedals multiple times.

Jacob

• Members

I have played TS-9's in music shops, I always hated the way the bottom end drops out when you switch it on. For years I was playing Orange and Goldtone amps that already had a ton of midrange, the TS-9 sounded awful with them.

Well put, an actual valid reason that someone does't use a ts

• Members

Dependeding on how specific... i have owned 5 big muffs (currently have none) 3 barber ltd's (currently have none) 3 OCD's (currently have none) 2 shredmaster's (currently have none)

but i double up heaps when i like something i and think i could actually use a spare or have two on the board.

2 rats, 2 CE-2s, 2 eternity's etc

Archived