Signature models?!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

maybe only on jazzmasters or if you are a metalhead

This. the Elvis costello jazzmaster is still one of my favorite guitars, I could care less who's name is attached to it. That thing is gorgeous... I would also hit a Lee Renaldo jazzblaster.

• Members

This. the Elvis costello jazzmaster is still one of my favorite guitars, I could care less who's name is attached to it. That thing is gorgeous... I would also hit a Lee Renaldo jazzblaster.

I concur.

I'm holding out for a Kevin Shields sig Jazzy at the moment.

• Members

but what if the signature artist happens uses his magical powers to create something unique and awesomesauce, that wouldn't have happened unless he himself requested the feature.

I MEAN FAKE F-HOLES MAN. HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!

449771ad.jpg

Funny! My old distributor in a foreign country wanted me to get some big names to sell our $700 pedals in the country (his 700%+ price hike)... He asked who uses our pedals and the names "are not big enough." and suggested this Paul Gilbert and Michael Landau. So I made these and fired him as a distro sent these pics over:

2724041749_ef4eeaea9d_z.jpg

2723962285_ea8f8117af_z.jpg

• Members

I generally don't go for sig stuff, but I love my Elvis Costello sig JM to death. I tested it out and was at the counter paying before I looked at the back of the headstock and saw his sig, I had no idea it was his model until after I wanted it. I didn't let it deter me, I love Costello anyways so it didn't bother me. Now if I found an awesome guitar and then found lady gaga's name stamped on the back, I'd have second thoughts, but if it was a great instrument it probably still wouldn't phase me.

• Members

Good gear is good gear.

And hey, for a pedal company that makes its bread off selling famous tones of famous musicians, what's the difference really? So you don't have a Pete Townshend signature WIIO, but the graphics and ad speak convey the exact same idea without the need for Pete's ok.

• Members

Good gear is good gear.

And hey, for a pedal company that makes its bread off selling famous tones of famous musicians, what's the difference really? So you don't have a Pete Townshend signature WIIO, but the graphics and ad speak convey the exact same idea without the need for Pete's ok.

Who the heck wants to sound like Pete Townshend!? Lets be realistic!

• Members

For some reason, I can't see myself using a signature model. I don't want to be associated with another artist, even if that artist is better than I'll ever be. It makes me feel less individual; like I'm playing somebody else's guitar in hopes that it will make me better or sound like them.

Strangely enough, if Fender made me a signature model if I were famous, I wouldn't really like that. It seems arrogant. Like my version of ____ is so good it needs its own product.

Archived