You Ever Play A Show...

Naterel

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Back in my moshing days, I always tried to stay as civil as the situation allowed. I didn't throw punches or kicks, helped people up when they hit the floor, just tried to be decent to the people I was throwing my 250 lbs into. But there was always that one {censored}ing guy who had to be a badass and take {censored} too far. I always wound up having to deal with that guy. Now, when I go to a show where pits are going to happen, I just avoid them. Because now, it seems like everyone wants to be that {censored}ing guy.

• Members

if anyone kept up with that site, is there something specific that was glorious you can give info for please... i stopped when the title screen was like 3d world runner for NES

I went to film school with the guy who does it. Decent guy but basically a walking compendium of hipster mannerisms. I never understood the popularity of the site, but it seems to be popular with the i-don't-want-to-ever-grow-up indie subset, another subculture I never quite gelled with. Anyway, I know he was making an insane amount from merchandising in its heyday.

• Members

I hate super organized most pits. those are lame. People going nuts and jumping around and shouting along? People who do the whole jock mosh tough guy thing suck, people getting into the music and losing their {censored}... That I love.

• Members

i dont even like standing up at a show, let alone moving around violently.

if there was a way to pay extra to lay on a raised couch off to the the side of the crowd, count me in.

When I saw the band Labradford in '94 I imagined how great it would be if some clubs had recliners and drink stands next them to watch shows. It looks like there is an emerging market for this.

• Members

Maybe I'm getting old, but I {censored}ing hate moshing and crowd surfing. Took my kids to see two shows this summer, and I swear if one more crowd surfer knocks my glasses off my face, I'm gonna get arrested for chocking the life out of some 15 year old twerp.

I guess I thought it was cool back n the 80's when I was going to see hardcore bands every week, but I think I'm over it. Now that they do this {censored} at every and any kind of show nowadays, the novelty is completely gone. Seeing mosh pits at Cheryl Crow concerts and on commercials for Fruity pebbles has really spoiled it for me anyways.

• Members

mosh-girl-demotivational-poster-12260019

Because there's nothing better than being self-conscious and caring about what people think of you when you're drunk at a gig of band you enjoy. God forbid if you're a woman. Ah, nothing like a bit of good old internet hipster bitchiness toward easy targets.

Archived