Saw this on TGP - new compact Skreddys Deluxes

RoboPimp

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After sitting with it and working on it to finally get it to sound great and eliminate the minor niggles that have bugged me about it, I finally decided I'm un-sick of it. For the longest time, I would tweak it and think it sounded great; then the next morning I'd think it sounded like {censored}. But the more I changed it, collectively, over time, the less awesome it got. So I went back to V1.0 and just did the few things to
that
to make it just right.

I've had mixes like that. :lol: You're on your fourth attempt at it and feel like you finally got it, only to have that "WTH was I thinking?" feeling when you listened back the next morning. :freak: I used to feel bad about doing tons of passes / revisions of mixes until Bruce Swedien emailed me a remix he was working on to check out, and it was numbered "take 73" or something like that. :lol:

Just like with your pedal tweaking experience, when I get to the point where I feel like I am starting to chase my tail, and things are getting worse instead of better, I find that often the best approach is to just strip it back to what you started with - the tracking mix or initial rough mix - and work from there. Take the "fresh start" approach instead of trying to fix the fixes.

I'm glad you were able to finally get it the way you want. Like I said - that's dedication. And perseverance. And a minor victory. Congrats! :phil:

• Members
After sitting with it and working on it to finally get it to sound great and eliminate the minor
niggles
that have bugged me about it, I finally decided I'm un-sick of it. For the longest time, I would tweak it and think it sounded great; then the next morning I'd think it sounded like {censored}. But the more I changed it, collectively, over time, the less awesome it got. So I went back to V1.0 and just did the few things to
that
to make it just right.

:cop::cop::cop:

• Members
I've had mixes like that.
:lol:
You're on your fourth attempt at it and feel like you finally got it, only to have that "WTH was I thinking?" feeling when you listened back the next morning.
:freak:
I used to feel bad about doing tons of passes / revisions of mixes until Bruce Swedien emailed me a remix he was working on to check out, and it was numbered "take 73" or something like that.

Just like with your pedal tweaking experience, when I get to the point where I feel like I am starting to chase my tail, and things are getting worse instead of better, I find that often the best approach is to just strip it back to what you started with - the tracking mix or initial rough mix - and work from there. Take the "fresh start" approach instead of trying to fix the fixes.

I'm glad you were able to finally get it the way you want. Like I said - that's dedication. And perseverance. And a minor victory. Congrats! :phil:

Thanks! Phil-Thumbs-Up-Hair.gif

• Members

Marc will we never see a mini echo? Is it possible? It would be my ultimate pedal.

Hah; most requests I get are to ADD new features to the Echo (Stereo, rack-mounted, tap tempo, etc.). I'll see what I can do, though, next year. If I ever get around to making a stereo version, I'll try to make a mini version at the same time.

• Members
beat'd by our forum's own jb1911:

(hope you dont mind me displaying these pics, i just find them beautiful
:love:
)

6144820732_080a54c99d_z.jpg
(hella sexy board too)

6051507706_20f04c2aa7_z.jpg

sexy little beast that Mini Deluxe. JB1911 from the forum modded his to look like this just by drilling a couple more holes and moving the trimpots to the front. skreddy went out and jacked the design
i dont understand why the deluxes were never the same size...if it can all be clearly fit into the smaller enclosure...

big
:facepalm:
if you ask me. if i dont end up selling my Screwdriver i'll definitely mod it to this.

What kind of patch cables are being used there? It's kinda hard to see what's going on with my monitor.

• Members

Hah; most requests I get are to ADD new features to the Echo (Stereo, rack-mounted, tap tempo, etc.). I'll see what I can do, though, next year. If I ever get around to making a stereo version, I'll try to make a mini version at the same time.

i think that tap tempo is the most important thing to keep in mind, because it is so pain in the ass getting the right tempo, while the drummer had a metronom you could clearly and easily heard inaccuracy of the delays repeats if i missed the right spot because it was so little time between the songs. That's also why i sold my skreddy echo :( but i still remember the sound because it was so full...

• Members

the fork? you're from sac? do you not sell a lot locally? i never see skreddy {censored} on CL

• Members

the fork? you're from sac? do you not sell a lot locally? i never see skreddy {censored} on CL

Yeah; no local sales at all. I have zero luck with local retail stores. I've got to get to see Skip personally, I think. I had a deal pending with a purchasing guy there at Skip's a year or 2 ago, but he left the company before it got done. I've spoken with dude at Encore in Auburn a few times (love that store), but he doesn't think his local market would support what I make and doesn't understand the power of the Internet evidently. Shrug. I really want to spread the love to two of my favorite stores, but no luck so far. I used to be buddies with Pro-Found Sound in mid-town, but he's closed...--whoa; his FaceBook page says he's back open again! Woot! Maybe a local dealer is coming soon, then! I'll give Joey a ring tomorrow.

Archived