The Return Of the Freekish....

Stevenglass

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 2011 has been a very trying time in my life. FB has been many things a dream, joy, but also filled with high pressure and stress. I have sold Freekish Blues. I have limited capacity in FB and contractual staying on for a month as well as launching some new products and fullfilling agreements with others affilated with Freekish Blues. I have signed a non-compete agreement with the new owners. I wish them well. All FB sites logos etc will change. Not sure what I will do after the non compete is up. I want the Alpha II: USA Custom Shop to be a hit as well as the RED DOT & STANDARD models. My health has suffered the past year and going on with Freekish Blues will effect my health. So taking advice of my family and doctor I am moving on to focus on getting better. I tried to bring tone to the masses and never meant to upset anyone. Its tough when the internet turns on you. 10 people can destroy a person, company, and bring that person to his or her needs. I tried to explain and always gave the TRUTH. I apologize if I offended anyone. I had to fight for Freekish Blues and against many obstacles. The main reason for all the onslaught of lies was jealousy of Freekish Blues' success in such a short time. Our engineers HAVE TONE my friend. Do not worry the key Engineers are staying who brought you all current products I write to you with a heavy heart and farewell. Ken

I'm no health care professional, but going by Ken's fractured mental processing and disjointed syntax, keeping off the meth would probably be a first step toward "getting better"...

• Members

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 2011 has been a very trying time in my life. FB has been many things a dream, joy, but also filled with high pressure and stress. I have sold Freekish Blues. I have limited capacity in FB and contractual staying on for a month as well as launching some new products and fullfilling agreements with others affilated with Freekish Blues. I have signed a non-compete agreement with the new owners. I wish them well. All FB sites logos etc will change. Not sure what I will do after the non compete is up. I want the Alpha II: USA Custom Shop to be a hit as well as the RED DOT & STANDARD models. My health has suffered the past year and going on with Freekish Blues will effect my health. So taking advice of my family and doctor I am moving on to focus on getting better. I tried to bring tone to the masses and never meant to upset anyone. Its tough when the internet turns on you. 10 people can destroy a person, company, and bring that person to his or her needs. I tried to explain and always gave the TRUTH. I apologize if I offended anyone. I had to fight for Freekish Blues and against many obstacles. The main reason for all the onslaught of lies was jealousy of Freekish Blues' success in such a short time. Our engineers HAVE TONE my friend. Do not worry the key Engineers are staying who brought you all current products I write to you with a heavy heart and farewell. Ken

Matey, please learn to speak English coherently.

• Members

23.gif

• Members

To be fair, some circuits sound entirely different if you use different pot ranges. Those things are part of the circuit too, you know. Now, if it's a tone pot...not so much. Gain pot? A little more so. If it's a bias pot or voltage control...big difference.

Well yeah obviously all of that is true, I think everyone here realizes that. There have been a few well documented instances of a circuit being lifted part for part with the exception of the pot values being changed. The builder would then claim he had never seen the schematic for the original circuit. If everything about a circuit is exactly the same except the pot values I think it's fair to assume the circuit was ripped off.

• Members

Well yeah obviously all of that is true, I think everyone here realizes that. There have been a few well documented instances of a circuit being lifted part for part with the exception of the pot values being changed. The builder would then claim he had
never
seen the schematic for the original circuit. If
everything
about a circuit is exactly the same except the pot values I think it's fair to assume the circuit was ripped off.

Well, yeah, it's a different story here, obviously, cause Ken is claiming total bull{censored}. I was just saying that when someone makes a pedal based on another one openly, changing the pot values does not necessarily equate to a minor difference in sound.

• Members

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 2011 has been a very trying time in my life. FB has been many things a dream, joy, but also filled with high pressure and stress. I have sold Freekish Blues. I have limited capacity in FB and contractual staying on for a month as well as launching some new products and fullfilling agreements with others affilated with Freekish Blues. I have signed a non-compete agreement with the new owners. I wish them well. All FB sites logos etc will change. Not sure what I will do after the non compete is up. I want the Alpha II: USA Custom Shop to be a hit as well as the RED DOT & STANDARD models. My health has suffered the past year and going on with Freekish Blues will effect my health. So taking advice of my family and doctor I am moving on to focus on getting better. I tried to bring tone to the masses and never meant to upset anyone.
Its tough when the internet turns on you. 10 people can destroy a person, company, and bring that person to his or her needs.
I tried to explain and always gave the TRUTH. I apologize if I offended anyone. I had to fight for Freekish Blues and against many obstacles. The main reason for all the onslaught of lies was jealousy of Freekish Blues' success in such a short time. Our engineers HAVE TONE my friend. Do not worry the key Engineers are staying who brought you all current products I write to you with a heavy heart and farewell. Ken

10 people = the Internet?

Archived